DBOXII Newbie

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
wolvie34

DBOXII Newbie

Beitrag von wolvie34 »

Hi there. I bought a debox which was already flashed etc. Everything was working fine, but then it started to freeze on me. It would also go in a loop and not load up.

I used to take it to someone I knew could help, but since it keeps happening I want to learn how to do it myself. I was given a CD withh all the relevant software like 'Dbox2 image-flashing-assistant' I also have the most up to date image, however, I can't seem to connect to the Dbox2!!

I am connected to the net through my cable modem and I am connecting my debox through my PC using a crossover cable attached to my netcard in my PC. Also attached is the Null Modem Cable.

Every time I try to connect and flash the dbox it instantly says pinging dbox failed and refuses to flash. I have tried many things to sort it, but none seem to work and the furthest I have got is shown below:

Bild

I am guessing my computer isn't set up right to flash the image and I am wondering if anyone can suggest a reason for this.
PT-1
Moderator english

Beitrag von PT-1 »

Firewall ?
Antivirus ?
wolvie34

Beitrag von wolvie34 »

I have Sygate personal firewall pro and Antivir virus guard. I have set the firewall to accept the dbox flashing assistant. Maybe I havent set it right, I will try it without that on and my virus guard and see if it works thanks.
Rondom

Beitrag von Rondom »

This is a very common error.
I'm sure the following URL will help you.
Switching to 10Mbit-Halfduplex for your network card helps. Additional help can be found here:
http://www.dietmar-h.net/flashprob_eng.html
Cara

Beitrag von Cara »

Hi there,
In trouble with your dbox?
All you ever wanted to know can be found here.

http://www.google.de [MOD-EDIT: we don't support such boards as you now already. spamming all threads with this message gave you a special rank too - bye.....]

Enjoy,
Spread the word,
Happy new year.
CARA.