cvs.tuxbox.org: Connection refused - can anyone help?

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
bob808

cvs.tuxbox.org: Connection refused - can anyone help?

Beitrag von bob808 »

Had to reinstall linux on my machine after a hard drive problem, and have tried to connect to the cvs server with the following command:

set CVS_RSH=ssh && cvs -d anoncvs@cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvs/tuxbox -z3 co -P .

This worked for me in the past, but today I am getting the following message:

cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net: Connection refused
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Can anyone let me know if the cvs source is down at the moment, or if not what might be causing this error?

Thanks

bob808
icecube

Beitrag von icecube »

Its the first time I try to use CVS and I have some problems.

I run the following command:
cvs -d anoncvs@cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvs/tuxbox -z3 co -P .

and I got the following error messages:
ssh: cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net: Temporary failure in name resolution
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Can anyone help me?
Npq

Beitrag von Npq »

icecube hat geschrieben:ssh: cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net: Temporary failure in name resolution
This is not CVS' fault. Your DNS cannot resolve the name "cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net".

Try to "ping cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net". If this fails, too, you should check your DNS settings.
icecube

Beitrag von icecube »

first of all thanks for your answer

I try to use cvs from work, and I thought the problem had to do with the proxy. About the cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net you are right, I cannot ping it. But if I use mozilla I can see the site. I cannot understand why this is working and ping does not.

I use the ethernet connection for the internet. In the woirk we have a proxy without authentication (I put this information in 'redhat network configuration'). The option for the ethernet device are: automatically obtain IP address and automatically obtain DNS information from provider. There is a tab in 'Network configuration' but the most fields (e.g. Primary DNS) are blank, because I do not have any idea what is the correct input.