My first patch for sectionsd

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
arzka
Developer

My first patch for sectionsd

Beitrag von arzka »

Hi,

I made a patch to sectionsd and now it allows user to set up list of preferred EPG languages. There are functions to control those but I didn't yet implement any new messages to the protocol so it is not yet possible to control those from Neutrino's user interface. But those can be set in configuration file manually.

My patch and short documentation can be found at http://www.hyper.fi/dbox2/sectionsd/

Any comments? And if it is good enough maybe someone with CVS access can commit this?

--
Arzka
[/url]
Houdini
Developer

Beitrag von Houdini »

Thank you arzka,

can you please explain what your patch is good for, i haven't got the point so far.
Are there events in different languages for the same thing? And you want to filer out the one(s) you like?

Houdini
arzka
Developer

Beitrag von arzka »

For example here in Finland national broabcasting company is sending EPG information in Finnish and Swedish and I cannot read Swedish.

The current implementation (without patch) picks one of those languages randomly and for example when Neutrino is showing the name of current program it can be either Swedish or Finnish. (And I can't read hat Swedish, so I want to say to sectionsd "Finnish please").

And when showing long information the current implementation is showing all available languages is random order just written after each other - like "Good eveningGuten AbendHyvää iltaa". I can read that Finnish part from there but if information is long, it is quite annoying to find understandable part from that textflood.

And when that national YLE is sending 2 languages TV1000 (targeted to Nordic countries) is sending four languages.
Houdini
Developer

Beitrag von Houdini »

Thank you, got it :-)