playin videos off mount

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
archangle1981
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

playin videos off mount

Beitrag von archangle1981 »

I'm lookig for some documentation / info regarding using the dbox to play audio / movies / images off a network share... eg nfs etc

where can i find this documentation in english if it at all exists. if it doesnt can any one give me quick tips on how to enable it.. ie the steps to set up share and the combination of password etc thru the dbox interface...??

do i need to mount and add entried to /etc/fstab by telnetting in?? or can it be done properly through the onscreen menu??

ythanks

R
Tommy
Tuxboxer
Tuxboxer

Beitrag von Tommy »

you can create mounts from dbox menue or (in newer images) over the new Y-Web webinterface. You don't need to change anything in fstab. For mounting NFS shares no password is needed. U should use the predifined mountpoints /mnt/movies, /mnt/mp3, /mnt/images. Attention videos are only playable in .TS format. For all other Formats you have to use a combination of VLC (PC side) and Moviplayer (dbox side).

As server you have to use an NFS Version3 Server (best choice). For Windows you can use SFU (free from M$)
---------------------------
Alle weiteren Infos findest Du im WIKI
Bitte vor dem posten Boardregeln lesen und verstehen!
Wie erstelle ich ein Bootlog? Wo finde ich die FAQ?
archangle1981
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

has anyone here gotten the movie share setup and working on the dbox using vlc and moviplayer?

Could they post how they got it to work? As i have 400+ DVD encoded in various formats... mostly xvid and theora/ogg and wouldnt want to have to reencode htem as .TS

The dbox itself works fine and is configured for my regional TV etcetc i just want to get the streaming movies / audio to work now...

Any extra pointers would be great!

Thanks

R
PT-1
Moderator english

Beitrag von PT-1 »

From a UK Cable DBox Site !!
All,

After a few day's of SEARCHING i have managed to get my DBOX running with a new image and it took some time, but managing to record and play back through the dbox's movieplayer.

After variuos attempts i founbd that version 8 of VLC does not work properly and is a bit hit and miss with odd connection and browse issue's.

Now i have a copy of VLC V7.2 and i have no problems at all which i have attached cause i couldn't find it on this forum.

For all the new comers out there (which includes me) i am passing on some of my knowledge to hopefully help others.

Here is list of what you need to do and how.

1. Setup Winserver 4.0 on server or PC
2. Setup Movieplayer on DBox to record
2. Setup VLC version 7.2 on server or PC
3. Setup Movieplayer settings on DBOX to play movies

1. How to setup Winserver V4.0 Recording to the PC

1. On the PC Create a directory on the PC to store your recordings

2. Install Dbox Winserver (known as Winserver from here on)

3. Add a shortcut to dboxwinsvr.exe (wherever you installed it) to your

4. Startup directory in the Start menu

5. Run Winserver (dboxwinsvr.exe)

6.Click 'Einstellungen' tab then in the 'Sprache' location change to english
7. Click the Settings tab and enter your Dbox IP, the port should already be 4000. Set the output directory to the directory you created above

8. Click the Generally tab and remove the tick from Windows after recording unless you want it to perform the action in the dropdown box once it’s finished

9. Select Use UDRec (GGrab may work better for you, I’m having problems)

10. Click the UDRec tab and select Record only 1 Stream under Audio and Record as MPEG-Streams under Stream File

11. Select Multiplex MPEG Streams after recording. UDRec creates separate files for the video and audio, which is good for burning to DVD. To show up in the list for the Dbox Movieplayer, you need them muxed as one file. Keep an eye on your hard drive space though, as you effectively have 2 copies, the muxed and the demuxed. If you can get GGrab to work for you, you can have it only create the mpg file

12. Click Save. You should have an icon in your systray that looks like a standard pause symbol. Winserver is now waiting for a stream

13. This needs to be left open so you can record

2. Setup movieplayer on DBox to recoed

1. On the Dbox Press the Dbox button on your remote

2. Go to Settings, then Recording

3. Set the Recording Device to Server

4. Enter the IP address of your PC (it has to be a static IP) The port should be 4000

5.Set Switch to SPTS mode to Off

6. Select Activate Changes, then Back, then Save Settings Now

7. Press Home to go back to watching TV

8. You’re ready to record. Press the Blue button to get the Features menu, then Red to start recording. You can press Home to watch the channel as normal. To end recording, press Blue again for Features,then Red.

9. You can also set timed recordings, as long as your PC is left on and running Winserver

10. While recording, the icon on the PC systray should show a flashing red circle (Also on some Images the Time on the LCDof the Box flashes)

11. Recordings should appear in the directory you created. You’ll have a directory with the date, time, and channel name. Inside that you’ll have files with the program name. The mpg can be watched directly. The mpv & mp2 are ready to be burnt to DVD or deleted if you don’t need them. The txt contains the program description. The log is self explanatory

3 .How to setup VLC:

1. Install vlc 0.7.2 ONLY on your Linux or Windows box.

2. Configure your CD or DVD drive and play back any VCD, SVCD or DVD locally. Only if this works continue with the next step. If not get support at http://www.videolan.org/support/ until this works! (Please don't flood the dbox forum with questions how to run the basic VLC)

3. Start "vlc --extraintf=http" from the command line (make sure you are in the VLC directory when doing this, or best still creat a short cut then and this to the end). This will allow VLC to be controlled via a HTTP interface listening on port 8080 by default.

4. Test this by pointing your browser to "http://127.0.0.1:8080". You should see a HTML user interface of VLC.
5. Copy the file dboxfile.html to the http/admin directory of VLC. This file is attached

6. VLC needs to be restarted after copying the file!

7. Point your browser to "http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/dboxfiles.html?dir=C:" (...dir=/ with Linux). Default username is "admin". Password is "admin". You should see a list of directories and files. If this works continue with the next step.

8. Point your browser to "http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/dboxfil...tream_time=true" Default username is "admin". Password is "admin". You should see "0". If this does not work you will have no bookmark support and no progress indicator ("?" button).

9. Close browser but leave VLC running (VLC needs to be running at all times to stream to DBOX)

4. How to setup Movieplayer on DBox to play movies

1. Configure Neutrino Movieplayer by going to "dbox - Settings - Movieplayer"

2. Configure the port to the port VLC is listening on. Default is 8080

3. Configure the IP address to be the IP address of the PC where VLC is running on.

4. Configure the DVD Drive (CD Drive) of the PC. Often this is "D:" on Windows and "/dev/cdrom" on Linux

5. Leave "1000" for the video rate and "192" for the audio rate. You can increase this later if you can succesfully stream DVDs or (S)VCDs. The acceptable values here are mostly dependent on the quality of your network (see "Known Bugs")

6. Save the settings

7. Start the Movieplayer from the "dbox" menu

8. Insert a DVD (or SVCD) into the drive of the PC

9. Press the yellow button to start the playback of the DVD (blue for SVCD)

10. After a while the DVD playback will start (if not you will see appropriate error dialogs)

11. You can pause/resume playback using the yellow button (see "Known Bugs")

12. You can stop the playback using the red button

13. Go to the Movieplayer settings and change the VLC directory to a value which contains movie files on the machine VLC is running on. (e.g. "C:\Movies" or "/export/movies". You can't enter a \. So enter a / instead (e.g. "C:/Movies")

14. Save the settings

15. Start the Movieplayer from the "dbox" menu

16. Press the red button and choose a file from your disk. DivX, XVid, MPEG, PS and others should work.

I take no praise for these tuturials cause they are taken from other websites etc. I have just brought them all together so people understand the process.
Tommy
Tuxboxer
Tuxboxer

Beitrag von Tommy »

To dot 3.1.
isn't it better to use the last version of VLC to be able to use Y-Web? I don't know whether the VLC8+ version runs from PC->dbox correctly in the meantime?!
---------------------------
Alle weiteren Infos findest Du im WIKI
Bitte vor dem posten Boardregeln lesen und verstehen!
Wie erstelle ich ein Bootlog? Wo finde ich die FAQ?
archangle1981
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

I subsequently found that article via a long a nd complicated google search.
I succesully compiled the latest 8.2 vlc and was wondering why the movies were plying...

the dbox can see the share when i play from file and it can list the directory contents... but I wouldnt play any movies...

I'll try again with vlc 7.2 (now actually :) )

The recording... ( I refuse to use windows... I was told that it could be accomplished by simply mounting a cifs shre using samba on the server and recording onto it.??? what are the steps .. if any wlse needed to setup up a recordable share on a linux box...??

thanks

Ronan
archangle1981
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Still can seem to get this to work properly...

vlc-trunk

./configure --enable-dvdread --enable-theora --disable-wxwidgets --disable-skins2

make

make install

started by

vlc --extraintf=http
VLC media player 0.8.4-test1 Janus
[00000239] main interface: creating httpd
Remote control interface initialized, `h' for help

I then go to my dbox which i have configured to point at my vlc server

and start moviplayer
i select play from file... I can the list of files i have on my harddrive

I connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 on my server and i can see the admin page

When i select a file to play from the harddriver suing the DBOX i get the following in the stream out...

#transcode{vcodec=mpgv,vb=1000,width=352,height=288}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,url=[***]:8080/dboxstream}}

I was told by a member of the VLC forums that there should be an IP at the end of the line where the [***] is

I am thouroughly dumbfounded and have been working on this for a bout a week now.

the output from the vlc command line is

[00000260] main private error: no sout mux module matched "ts"
[00000256] stream_out_standard private error: no suitable sout mux module for `http/ts://:8080/dboxstream'
[00000254] stream_out_duplicate private error: no destination given
[00000251] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create chain
[00000250] main stream output error: stream chained failed for `transcode{vcodec=mpgv,vb=1000,width=352,height=576,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,url=:8080/dboxstream}}'
[00000249] main input error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

can anyone suggest what i could do?
like i said im running vlc-trunk from the svn

Ronan