Sagem DBOX2 + kein System

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
Antworten
dune73

Sagem DBOX2 + kein System

Beitrag von dune73 »

Heya,

Trying to get a little help, iv got me a Sagem DBOX2 unit, which was running sportster, but about a month ago lost all the channels, well instead of just rescanning and trying to recover these, i thought it would be a good time to try updating, which iv done before, but this time forgot to unpack the image file from the zip archive (yea, durr) well i loaded the file into the tmp folder on the dbox over FTP and then ran the software update through the DBOX menu on the television... it said successfully imaged (ud think the thing would be smart enough to at least check the image file was an image file before using it)...

But as u may guess, when i rebooted the box i got a blank screen and a message on the front of the dbox saying 'kein system'... i need some help trying to load an OS back onto this box asap, anyone who can help, id be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance, for any help !
dune73

Re: Sagem DBOX2 + kein System

Beitrag von dune73 »

Okay, iv looked through the dbox guide v2.03 which is on this foregn guests forum, but the instructions which tell me what to do are a little fuzzy,

It involves me using a piece of german software called 'dbox bootmanager' to get the box into debug mode, but this kinda involves shorting out the board (which is a little fuzzy)... then disabling write protection (which again is fuzzy)... then the box should be in debug mode and allow me to use the IMAGE FLASH ASSISTANT to load on an image for the OS !

Anyone who can confirm this, or explain it in better english, or offer a simpler way to get the OS back on it, id be happy as hell... especially since im not too keen ont he idea of sticking a screwdriver into a live motherboard eek !
MTM
Foren-Moderator

Re: Sagem DBOX2 + kein System

Beitrag von MTM »

Hello,
ud think the thing would be smart enough to at least check the image file was an image file before using it
Well, that were the so called "expert-functions", so the thing expects YOU to check the file before flashing :wink:

To flash a working (and newer) Image on the dBox, d/l and use the "IMAGE FLASH ASSISTANT" from http://www.hallenberg.com, as your dBox is already in the socalled "Debug-Mode", so the described procedure has already been done (and is just once necessary).

BUT:
Trying to get a little help, iv got me a Sagem DBOX2 unit, which was running (UNERWÜNSCHTER INHALT, Anm. d. Forenbetreibers)
try it this time with a legal Image, which are the only ones, we support here!!!

I hope, you've got a backup of your "ucodes", which are essentially for a working Image.

Good Luck,
MTM.
Antworten