Philips DBox2 and settings SW and lists?

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
Antworten
gorski
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Philips DBox2 and settings SW and lists?

Beitrag von gorski »

Hi, guys!

Many thanx for your hard work and these beautiful things we keep getting from the community! The original FW for DBox2 is terrible! :dash: Your work, on the other hand, is ab fab!!! :wink: I am just a sucker for the Open Source community!!! 8)

Having said that, I think we must give the proper, honest feedback, which will, bit by bit, result in learning and improving the FW and SW.

I'm a complete novice with DBox2. I have had some experience with Humax VACI, DSR Samsung 9500 VIACI, plus a bit with Galaxis McZap CI, Technomate 5200USB and Echolink, though. Done a few settings/channel lists myself, actually. I know what other, simpler receivers can do in terms of editing the list via remote...

Sadly, they have some of the functions better thought through than is the case with DBox2. For instance, so far I haven't discovered the possibility of getting into the list, then marking channels and then deleting the whole lot one chooses with a single OK button pressed. Rather, we must go through a laborious one-by-one procedure.

Worse still: the box wouldn't remember what one does, in such a painstakingly slow manner, and one can see, once in the channels list, how DBox2 is writing them back, one by one, when one returns to a satellite position. If one unplugs the box from the mains, then all is returned in a second. What does one have to do with DBox, please, so one's work would be respected and remembered?!?

My setup: polarmount moved by Pace1008IP old analogue rec; Philips DBox2 [flashed by an expert, as it had to be repaired, too, plus I needed an MC], with an external Multicam; PB Enigma 6.0.1; Satscan plugin downloaded; openDBedit 3.0.6. To begin with, the non-DiSEqC option for many satellites couldn't be remembered...

I managed to delete the channels in it somehow, I think by going to tuxbox/config/enigma and deleting all except config, then unplugging it from the mains, in order for the rec to memorise it. I needed to start from 28'W and wanting to go at least to 30'W. I went for it in a systematic manner all the way to 1'W, where I got stuck. I manually scanned all the satellites, frequently searching for a long time through all the transponders, to find the missing ones and all went well, more or less, until Thor/Intelsat at 1'W, where DigiTV could not be memorised at all!!! :x

The Philips DBox2 can find the DigiTV package, it even shows it in the "new/found tags", but can not put it in the list. I thought that was the case because it reached some 5500 channles, data and radio ones included...?? :dash:

So, I went into it and manually deleted hundreds of channels, one by one [that is just wrong to have to do, guys!]! Sadly, they could not be permanently deleted, much to my horror and surprise, whether I put it in the Standby mode after the changes, hoping the new state of affairs with less channels in the list will be saved like that. Alas, they were written back, one by one, as soon as I came back to a satellite position where I deleted some channels. Or by unplugging it from the mains I would get the same result, more or less, because it all came back in an instant. I am mystified! And disappointed, up to a point...

More on openEDBedit later...
gorski
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Re: Philips DBox2 and settings SW and lists?

Beitrag von gorski »

Must go to bed now but before I describe tomorrow what I did with openDBedit - just a Q: is there another good editor for DBox2, please?

Uhhh, what am I doing wrong here? How many channels can get into that machine? How much memory does PB Enigma image leave for.... various plugins and channels list, please?

Besides, when I made a backup of the image without the Bootloader it easily fit into the machine memory. The file was almost 8 MB, so WTF?

I tried with importing SatcoDX file, too but it didn't really work, somehow - I tried making just one big file, with all the sat positions included in it [no data, radio, HD etc. channels].

Now I went creating 1 by one .sdx file, but Nilesat file isn't coming up with any data, sadly.

Just to say: openDBedit saw my original list from the receiver as a CABLE box settings and wouldn't do it any other way. It does not have the option of SAVE AS and then you can choose either Sat TV or Cable box format, for instance. That would be useful in this case.

Or is it just me? Because, I went into options and made sure I click on Sat TV and Save it like that but oh no... When I upload to the receiver an edited list [no data and radio] = I think that the box thinks it's a cable box, because it can not see anything, since it is searching in the wrong frequency range. No signal. No satellite positions either, all in one folder.

Very weird. How do I reset the box properly so the editor can read it well and there is no such short circuit driving me mad! [Others thought I was pulling their leg until they saw the screenshot...]

P.S. Is there a "last channel" button, please? That would be useful, to alternate between two channels.

Thanx a bunch!!! 8)
rhabarber1848
CDK-Experte

Beitrag von rhabarber1848 »

gorski hat geschrieben:Is there a "last channel" button, please? That would be useful, to alternate between two channels
Just press Zero
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

He is using an illegal enigma-Image. I'm not sure that enigma has the 0 key programmed like that.
gorski
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von gorski »

Thanx, m8! Will try again...

Anything about settings, channel editing, via a remote or openDBedit, please? How to edit safely and to have the changes remembered? It is, after all, the staple diet of any receiver, nothing illegal about it...

How to get my settings to be Satellite rather than Cable box settings again?

Cheers!
Antworten