Diskussionen um Bootloader, Kernel, Busybox
Gesperrt
jonia
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Half Duplex to Full Duplex, and boot from HDD

Beitrag von jonia »

Hello,

I like RuDbox Neutrino, but no longer supported. To activate the "Full Duplex" (LAN), except hardware intervention, is needed and a new version of U-Boot?
Is it possible to change the version of U-Boot with the new?
Version of kernel 2.4.34, U-Boot - 1.1.4,
JFFS2 version 2.2. , Squashfs: version 3.0, HDD fs - Ext3 (Ext2)

I have installed IDE / SATA interface, but record high bitrates is impossible and constantly interrupted. File system is Ext3, if it shifts to Ext2, whether it will improve the speed record?

Now, in the presence of IDE/SATA, also excites me questions about boot from HDD.
Is it possible? Whether the image has to start from the HDD?

Excuse me for bad English.
OSi
Interessierter
Interessierter
Sonstiges: Belkin F7D3302 mit dd-wrt (kong mod) + ICY BOX als Samba-Share und Client Bridge

Re: Half Duplex to Full Duplex, and boot from HDD

Beitrag von OSi »

jonia hat geschrieben:Hello,
To activate the "Full Duplex" (LAN), except hardware intervention, is needed and a new version of U-Boot?
No, you just have to do the hardware modifications and activate the full duplex mode in the menu.
jonia hat geschrieben:I have installed IDE / SATA interface, but record high bitrates is impossible and constantly interrupted. File system is Ext3, if it shifts to Ext2, whether it will improve the speed record?
Yes, ext2 will improve the recording speed, as you can see in the following chart:
Bild
(source: d-box2.net)
jonia hat geschrieben:Is it possible? Whether the image has to start from the HDD?
It isn't possible at the moment.
See the following thread:
http://www.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net/f ... 10&t=48739
(maybe google etc. can translate it into your language)
jonia hat geschrieben:Is it possible to change the version of U-Boot with the new?
Yes it is possible, but i can't tell you how to do it. I don't know it yet :gruebel:

MfG OSi
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

You need a newer kernel to get full duplex support.

And your illegal image is not supported here.
jonia
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von jonia »

seife hat geschrieben:You need a newer kernel to get full duplex support.

And your illegal image is not supported here.
Thank OSi, seife,

I understand that for "full duplex", has a new kernel, I thought that was sufficient and a new U-Boot.
Of ru-neutrino kernel is 2.4.34, and U-boot - 1.1.4, quite old ... But there is no source code. I image that we built, is pretty much functionality ru-neutrino ...
Otherwise there are very good Keywett, and etc image.

Already switched from ext3 filesystem on ext2, as I hope to improve the record. (3sat - for example). And today will check how record/read the new file system.

Edit:
Yes, the record in higher bitrate of 5000-5500kb is not stable, and often interrupted with a message about not enough speed record. Interruptions are rare, but it has. Improvement in comparison with ext3, and according to the graph is twice as good write speed.

Sorry for bad English.
Striper
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Striper »

*closed*
seife hat geschrieben:your illegal image is not supported here.
Gesperrt