Beitrag von hannebamb(el) »

FYI:
Carjay hat hier etwas veröffentlicht:
http://gitorious.org/~carjay/neutrino-h ... xperiments
dietmarw
Contributor
Re: NeutrinoHD auf PC

Beitrag von dietmarw »

würde mich schon reizen das mal zu testen..

aber da ich weder eine linux möhre zuhause habe, noch eine tv karte, wird das wohl erstmal nix.
evtl. kann mal mal wer die build targets beschreiben, dann könnte ich mal compilierte versionen ablegen.
prodigy7
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von prodigy7 »

Heureka! Dann kann ich ja meine alte IP1101 (Maxdome Box auf der man Linux zum laufen bringen kann) auskramen, einen DVB-T Stick dranknüppeln und als Neutrino STB nutzen :-)
dbt
Administrator

Beitrag von dbt »

Welche Karten laufen damit? Gibts konkrete Empfehlungen? Funktioniert das überhaupt schon? Und mangels CS-Hardware, wäre das eine möglicherweise mal eine nette Alternative zum Experimentieren...
Striper
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Striper »

Just a private proof-of-concept to make Neutrino work on a PC. Lacks about everything to make it useful. Opens a GL window which displays the UI and a decoded video stream (no audio). Some keys are recognized but I did not add them all. Uses any dvb-frontend device and decoding is done through ffmpeg (in software). more…

outputs only video and there is no syncing, so the shown images are stuttering. It also takes a few seconds for ffmpeg to start up, I did not want to invest the time to find out how to improve that.

uses cmake for configuration, quite easy to do: make some build dir and then go inside and call “cmake <path-to-neutrino-cmake directory>. Then simply type "make”. It assumes all libraries are present and does not do any checks so far, that could be improved.

some paths can be set in the CMakeLists.txt but some are hardcoded in the Neutrino source code. I simply copied and linked a lot of directories at the required positions to make it work but that is of course far from ideal and would need more work

terrestrial support is an awful hack (but then cable was hacked into Neutrino in a similar fashion), fortunately it is contained in one commit so if unwanted, it can be removed very easily.

all in all this would need a lot more work to create something usable (if at all, personally I rather think Neutrino should be rewritten from scratch). I consider it a kind of peculiar experiment to see if making Neutrino work with a GL framebuffer could be done but I have no further plans with it, still did not want to leave it stranded on my hard disk.

Have fun.
Antworten