Gesperrt
Benny
Interessierter
Interessierter
Sonstiges: GM990

Infobar and extended CAS info visualization

Beitrag von Benny »

Greetings,
so far there no such thing as "one standard" for ecm.info/logs output, so support for many different CAS "plugins" constantly becoming "pain in the ass", especially in such monolith GUI, as Neutrino.
Thus, as one from alternative ways - call from Neutrino code external script/binary, and then read its output.

Proof of concept - in attached files. What do you think about it?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Benny am Donnerstag 16. Oktober 2014, 01:23, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
seife
Developer

Re: Infobar and extended EMU/CAS info visualization

Beitrag von seife »

I think there is no support for anything related to illegal activities in this forum.
This does not need to be discussed.
Benny
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von Benny »

seife hat geschrieben: no support for anything related to illegal activities in this forum.
Discussion about "how to parse some text files - within Neutrino code or by external means" is "illegal"? Well, sorry - i don't knew about it.
doc
Contributor

Beitrag von doc »

What do you understand under "EMU"? We read this as EMULATOR and this is illegal, no discussion!
Na schönen Dank Herr Schwanke!
Ein toller Sommer! :-(
Benny
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von Benny »

doc hat geschrieben:We read this as EMULATOR and this is illegal
You're too focused on one (familiar, banned?) word or sentence. If i used word "ass" within post, this not always mean, that i literally spoke about men or women arses.
doc hat geschrieben:no discussion!
Not a problem, i'm not planning to discuss EMU/CS/etc related stuff.

Main issue is pure technical: how to better (easier, including an end-user experience, etc) parse irregular text file - within Neutrino (by c++ code) or by external means. That's all.

Update: i altered first post/topic title, if you so concerned about certain words. This is, of course, some sort of hypocrisy - but if it helps in solving main issue - why not.
PT-1
Moderator english
Re: Infobar and extended CAS info visualization

Beitrag von PT-1 »

Hello Benny,

This is the official neutrino forum that started the whole story when legally utilizing the original DBOX.

Discussion on circumventing payment on Pay TV are neither wanted or allowed within this community.

As a guest I would assume you would respect this and do not try and talk around it or dress this up so it does not sound like what you originally have in mind.

Best Regards

PT-1
Benny
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von Benny »

PT-1 hat geschrieben:I would assume you would respect this and do not try and talk around it
Look, i talk about one thing only - about Neutrino interface. I'm not asking nor offering all of this "illegal" stuff, and i really don't understand, where did you see
Discussion on circumventing payment
in my initial post.

No offence, but you're a third man in the topic, who speaks about things, "about which we do not speak here", but not a word on main topic. Do you really think that i'm right person to blame?
doc
Contributor

Beitrag von doc »

Only changing the topic isn't enough if you try to be honest. :roll:
Short look into your diff ...

Code: Alles auswählen

+		if (g_settings.casystem_display == 1) {
 			paintCA_bar(0,icon_space_offset);
-			icon_space_offset = 0;
+			showEMUinfo();
@@ -805,6 +814,7 @@ void CInfoViewerBB::showIcon_CA_Status(int notfirst)
 					paint_ca_icons(caids[i], (char *) (found ? yellow : white), icon_space_offset);
 			}
 		}
+		showEMUinfo();
 	}
 }
+void CInfoViewerBB::showEMUinfo()
+{	
+	char *emu_string = "";
+	FILE *pp;
+	pp = popen("/bin/ecm", "r");
+	 if (pp != NULL) {
+	    char *line;
+	    char buf[1000];
+	    line = fgets(buf, sizeof buf, pp);
+	 if (line != NULL) 
+	     emu_string=line;
+	}
Once again, what do you think is the meaning for EMU ... ? :evil: If you want to display a CAS why is it named "*emu*"?
I would say, go back to the start and respect especially the words from PT-1! Please come up with some constructive or I will close this topic.

Some technical words, why the hack you guys want to open files from the /bin folder? You know that /bin is for? That's a really no go.
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

popen() is "fork a command in a pipe and read stdout via the file handle".

Anyway. The only way to get this into clear land is if this thread suddenly turns around and we talk about CI modules :-) Everything else is most likely off topic and not welcome in this forum.

It is not only about circumvention of access control methods, it's also about the algorithms that those emulators emulate. Those are intellectual property protected by patents and copyright.
Benny
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von Benny »

doc hat geschrieben:Once again, what do you think is the meaning for EMU ... ?
In this code? Well, how about "Extended Media UUID"? I'm curious - do you really a person, not a some sort of SPAM filter, which react on known words?
If you want to display a CAS why is it named "*emu*"?
Why i can't pick function/variable naming in my own way? Moreover, why i must suppose/care, that someone can see 'bad' word within this name?
I will close this topic.
Be my guest. But not a word about "constructive", a bloody dictator! =)
You know that /bin is for?
You mean "for binaries"? Really don't care about, and if you look at /bin in any Linux distro - not only me.
seife hat geschrieben:popen() is "fork a command in a pipe and read stdout via the file handle".
And, this is bad? If so, why? (if you look not only at diff, but on shell script files, there some 'grep' inside - i.e its output piped to Neutrino)

This was my original intention when i writed the first post - get expert comments on this "draft", so thanks in advance.
and we talk about CI modules
Even easier - we talk about text files. We can write some text into, parse it, and draw some stuff on screen according to.
doc
Contributor

Beitrag von doc »

Hmm, three person say something different than you ... who could be more wrong ...
So I take the the "Dictator" card, it seems everything is checked. :wink:
Gesperrt