DBOX2 Picture Decode Problem

SZGY

DBOX2 Picture Decode Problem

Beitrag von SZGY »

Hey ppl,

I'm writing this because I've been unable to find a solution to the problem described below.

The annoyment:

I recently got a DBOX2 and noticed the picture decoding was interrupted at random intervals for a time of a half picture. It's like the picture shifts one line up and down again for a very short moment. First I thought the problem was with Enigma, then I flashed the latest Neutrino into my box with no change. I've tried various ucodes but the annoying problem remained. Also, the strange thing is that not only the DBOX2 but the Dreambox is affected as well!

This has been tested with multiple DBOX2s and Dreamboxes on various televisions, including a plasma screen. The reception was perfect w/o BER. FTA and encrypted channels show the same symptom.

Is there anyone who's experiencing the same symptom? First, I didn't notice this as you have to watch carefully to notice this. Try to take a look at a station logo for some time, you'll notice it for sure.

Can anybody resolve this issue? Help is greatly appreciated.

SZGY
en-total
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von en-total »

Hi there,
I investigated, and can confirm this at least for SAT 1. Could it be, that this problem does not happen with all channels? I could not see this happen on ARD FESTIVAL (just to give an example).

If you have any chance to flash an older dbox2 Image with REL Drivers, it would be interessting to know if this happens there as well - just to nail it down if this problem is API3 related. Or maybe it simply has to do with the screen resolution of the channel? Hmm.. who knows..