LCARS please help get me started !

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

LCARS please help get me started !

Beitrag von jubbler »

Guys,

I've been on this 2 weeks now and I cant believe no one knows how to get this going ?

OK, so far I've discovered I need to edit a file called scanlist.dat *but* there are no examples anywhere for Kabel. All I need is an example file so I can see how it relates (if at all) to cables.xml and how many zeros there are on the end of the freq and sym rate etc (I've tried hundreds of permutations).....?....., the only examples I've found *anywhere* are for SAT - maybe LCARS doesn't work for Kabel but if so can someone put me out of my misery and let me know please.

Secondly, having not got past the "nothing found in the NIT" thing, (related to the above issue) then I can't get into the GUI no matter what button I press - I have to reboot (and its be done about 1000 times this last 2 weeks :-( ).

So please give me the 2 bits of information I need to get this going....

Thanks.
Npq

Beitrag von Npq »

Lcars is on hiatus for years now. It used to be a one-man project (by TheDoc). Don't know what he's up to these days.

I think nobody really knows much about the internals and what works and what does not. People generally either use Neutrino or Enigma.

But I just gave it a try here and on my system (Sagem Cable) it scans up to 21% and then stops doing nothing. Hmm. But it says it found 44 channels and 19 TS.

Maybe needs some debugging.
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

Npq hat geschrieben:Lcars is on hiatus for years now. It used to be a one-man project (by TheDoc). Don't know what he's up to these days.

I think nobody really knows much about the internals and what works and what does not. People generally either use Neutrino or Enigma.

But I just gave it a try here and on my system (Sagem Cable) it scans up to 21% and then stops doing nothing. Hmm. But it says it found 44 channels and 19 TS.

Maybe needs some debugging.
Many thanks for the response ! :-) I usually play with Neutrino and Enigma, but now playing with YADDs, and its on the menu as the *3rd* GUI so hence wanted to get it going.

Well you've got a lot further than I did with the scan, is there any chance you can post the contents of your scanlist.dat (and cables.xml if that is linked in any way in LCARS) so I can get some more clues please ? Many thanks !
Npq

Beitrag von Npq »

Ok, I took a look at the sources, the scanlist.dat is not used for cable.

Instead the starting symbolrate is hardcoded as 6900, the QAM to 64 and the starting frequency is set to 346MHz. It then tries to find a NIT by increasing the frequency by 8 MHz until 400 MHz is reached.

You can also initiate manual brute force scanning which tries all frequencies in between 50 and 890 MHz, but always with a symbolrate of 6900 and a QAM of 64.

Seems like TheDoc did not spend much time on the cable part.
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Got it going !

Beitrag von jubbler »

Right, I've got it going by editing the sources and managed a scan using bruteforce (it didn't like the NIT much but found the transponders then no channels - so another source edit sorted that).

So, there's some more questions now :-)

1) I've got a yadd going but how do I make it into an image given there's no make targets ?
2) Assuming I can't do (1), can I get the latest image from somewhere/someone so I can perhaps try to splice in some of the latest bits ?
3) It seems not to do a full 16:9 - how could I sort that one out ?
4) Selecting "plugins" freezes the box - are there any lcars plugins about and where do they reside in the directory structure ?
5) Can it be made to output S-Video easily ? (there only seems to be FBAS/RGB options in the menu).

Cheers and thanks to Npq for the initial info to get me started :-)