sky mode patch problem

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
ellie1998
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

sky mode patch problem

Beitrag von ellie1998 »

If I apply the sky mod patch the patch works fine but I get a black screen with the audio quite often , if I put in a neutrino file that is not patched then I never get this problem.

I notice it most on channel 4 (uk) but it can happen on any fta channel.

I have tested on a 1X sagem 2X sagem and my sons nokia and the same problem on each one.

I am new to this but looking at the patch there is nothing that should do this.

The image is a clean one, with just bouquet/services and ucodes/avia drivers
an unpatched one gives picture everytime but the patched one is hit and miss, I always get the audio stream.

I monitor in hyperterminal what is going on but there are no errors put up.

any pointers would be helpful.
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

The only safe way to use the "Sky mode patch" is to check out the sources, apply the source patch, and compile your own image.
ellie1998
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von ellie1998 »

I used your patch, Before I ran the patch I compiled an image then I run the patch with no errors and compiled, If I use the unmodified image no black screens, if I run the patched image I get the black screens with audio stream only.

I have tested this on a 1x sagem, 2x sagem and a nokia box (all cable)
When I get a chance I will test it on my sat box and see if that is the same.

If I go up a channel then down a channel the picture comes back 90% of the time, with the unpatched image the picture is available 100% of the time.
Have Fun

Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

I can not reproduce the problem.

See if the console log says something. Finally, since Neutrino is a high-level program, communicating with the hardware only through drivers, trying on different hardware probably is just a waste of time.
ellie1998
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von ellie1998 »

I have found that using ucode_001A can eliminate the problem,
It has also been mentioned about other images tweaked for the uk cable system and only manifests on free to air channels.

Without the patch my 2x sagem works fine with 0014

I cannot use ucode_001A on my sagem 2x box so will have to accept the problem is with my box not accepting 001A.

Using 001A on the 1x and the nokia solves this isssue.

Thank you for looking at this probem.
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

It is possible that a patch to a high-level program (like neutrino) tickles bugs that otherwise do not bite. What I am saying is that problems that are solved by fiddling with the ucodes are not really Neutrino problems.