Kein System

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
mritchie

Kein System

Beitrag von mritchie »

Hopefully someone can help...

I've flashed my Nokia DBox2 and it is now comming up with "Kein System". I have downloaded the tool from http://www.hallenberg.com but ot doesn't appear to be able to connect to my DBox.

Whenever I plug the network cross over cable directly from my PC to the DBox, XP tells me there is limited or no connectivity.

I have tried connecting the DBox through a router to get the IP but it does not show as a connected device.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers
Mike
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

To cut a long story short, due to a quirk in the Betanova bootloader, some images, that really "are" ok are rejected ("Kein System" (= no system)). This is what I wrote in the context of newmake; however it applies to all images.

The final solution to this problem is still open. :(
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Re: Kein System

Beitrag von jubbler »

mritchie hat geschrieben:Hopefully someone can help...

I've flashed my Nokia DBox2 and it is now comming up with "Kein System". I have downloaded the tool from http://www.hallenberg.com but ot doesn't appear to be able to connect to my DBox.

Whenever I plug the network cross over cable directly from my PC to the DBox, XP tells me there is limited or no connectivity.

I have tried connecting the DBox through a router to get the IP but it does not show as a connected device.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers
Mike
Kein System ? not heard that one before - lol

Its usually when you flash either an x1 for an x2 box (or vice versa) or you've flased an image as barf says with "bad magic bytes" (prob doesnt apply to you if you're not compiling your own images).

The "trick" you can use is to connect the box directly to the pc with a null-modem and a cross-over network cable (going thru a router can mess things up for dboxboot and IFA - Image Flashing Assistant).

You can flash with linux thru a router without a serial cable but that wont help you if you got no linux, try it with IFA and a direct connection and make sure you (plug out and in) reset the box after IFA has found the box and seek out and apply the "mediasensing" registry patch.