Newmake Broken today - inescapable text

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Newmake Broken today - inescapable text

Beitrag von jubbler »

Trying to build an image/yadd and today this message appears which I cant seem to get out of. If I crash the loop then resume the make operation it just keeps coming back no matter what response I make.

Firstly, are changes not tested before they are comitted to the CVS ? and secondly how can I get out of this (inescapable ?) loop and let the build continue ? I have tried all combinations of Y, y, N. n .M, m - you name it, I've tried it.

Thanks.

This is the message
---------------------
If you are configuring a diskless machine which will mount its root
file system over NFS at boot time, say Y here and to "Kernel
level IP autoconfiguration" above and to "Root file system on NFS"
below. You cannot compile this driver as a module in this case.
There are two packages designed for booting diskless machines over
the net: netboot, available from
<http://ftp1.sourceforge.net/netboot/>, and Etherboot,
available from <http://ftp1.sourceforge.net/etherboot/>.

If you don't know what all this is about, say N.
----------------------
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

That sort of messages comes when the kernel configuration file is somehow flawed. Newmake does not use its own version of the kernel configuration file. In the CVS, last change here was three months ago.
Firstly, are changes not tested before they are comitted to the CVS ?
:evil: :evil:
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

make everything in newmake builds correct at 10.05.
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

Barf hat geschrieben:That sort of messages comes when the kernel configuration file is somehow flawed. Newmake does not use its own version of the kernel configuration file. In the CVS, last change here was three months ago.
Well I was making with the automount kernel option turned on, could that make a difference ? With it turned off, all was fine.
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

jubbler hat geschrieben:Well I was making with the automount kernel option turned on, could that make a difference ?
No, if you do it right. Yes, if you, e.g., mess up the syntax.
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

Barf hat geschrieben: No, if you do it right. Yes, if you, e.g., mess up the syntax.
Hmmm, perhaps my syntax should be checked then - this is the diff I used to enable "autofs" :

-----code--------
--- orig-cvs-cvs/cdk/Patches/linux-2.4.32-dbox2.config 2006-01-10 19:24:38.000000000 +0000
+++ tuxbox-cvs/cdk/Patches/linux-2.4.32-dbox2.config 2006-05-12 23:59:38.000000000 +0100
@@ -591,7 +591,7 @@
# CONFIG_QUOTA is not set
# CONFIG_QFMT_V2 is not set
# CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS is not set
-# CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS is not set
+CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=yes
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
# CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO is not set
-----end code--------

I checked that this applied correctly (with -p1 and indeed I generated it from a manually edited version in the 1st place) and also used a similarly generated and applied diff for the "*-flash" file. These diffs worked and the commands I used (from the 'cdk directory) to build were:

-------commands----
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix="$DB" --with-cvsdir="$CP" --with-ucodesdir="$UCODESDIR" --enable-flashrules --with-checkImage=rename --with-logosdir="$LOGODIR"
make automount flash-automount flash-all-jffs2-2x yadd-all
-------end commands

Have I made an error in my syntax ?

Cheers.
Houdini
Developer

Beitrag von Houdini »

+CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=yes
I don't know if it changes something but the config file normally uses =y for enabled options:

Code: Alles auswählen

+CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y 
Carjay
Developer

Beitrag von Carjay »

Correct, from what I know, "funny things" can happen if you try to be too creative with the config-file.

While we're at it, better refrain from changing these entries manually (except when you know exactly what you're doing, of course ;) ) or I'll guarantee you'll sooner or later spend half an afternoon searching for the answer to the question "why does it f*cking not work?!" (like me when I was a kernel config newbie :) ) because some of these config options *might* depend on other options to be set.

Maybe it's old news, but you *can* configure the powerpc-kernel just like the PC-kernel simply by typing:
make menuconfig ARCH=ppc
in the cdk linux directory
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

Houdini hat geschrieben:
+CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=yes
I don't know if it changes something but the config file normally uses =y for enabled options:

Code: Alles auswählen

+CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y 
@Houdini, yes many thanks - must have read it right and barf just corrected it on his site :wink: (just kidding). The weird thing is that before I saw your answer, I re-ran it with "yes" and it worked that time - why ? is it intelligent enough to know that "yes" means "y" but only half of the time ? :gruebel: