a different "sky-mode" patch problem

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

a different "sky-mode" patch problem

Beitrag von jubbler »

Probably @barf.

Either I've done something wrong (again !) or the CVS have changed such that the "sky-mode" patch no longer works ?

This is the output recevied

--------log-------
patching file apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src/gui/channellist.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 931 with fuzz 1 (offset 195 lines).
patching file apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src/gui/channellist.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 116.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src/gui/channellist.h.rej
patching file apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src/gui/infoviewer.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 315.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 438 with fuzz 2 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 458.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 841 with fuzz 2 (offset 382 lines).
2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src/gui/infoviewer.cpp.rej
--------end log--------

now I do have the .rejects files if it helps but my (half a) brain is telling me something's changed since yesterday (was working fine 'til then) ? so I did a bit more digging and discovered the changes in CVS since yesterday which are blocking the sucessful execution of the patch. Namely:

channellist.h now has this (new since yesterday) line added:
"void virtual_zap_mode(bool up);"

(does this now replace what the patch would have done at:
"void sky_mode(bool up);" ??)

If so this would mean "sky-mode" is now in CVS ? hmmmm, that would be nice:-)

and infoviewer now has this line:
"bool virtual_zap_mode = false;"
which is probably where the patch line of:
"bool sky_mode = false;"
would have gone....

So I could probably fix the patch myself but the question now becomes, do I need to ? Are the changes that have prevented the patch from running the very changes that the patch would have done (although the declarations name has changed) :gruebel: ?? :gruebel:

Cheers.
PT-1
Moderator english

Beitrag von PT-1 »

Hi Mate,

yes since yesterday the new "virtual zap mode" (old name Sky..) is finally in the CVS ;-)

No more patching :wink:
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

PT-1 hat geschrieben:Hi Mate,

yes since yesterday the new "virtual zap mode" (old name Sky..) is finally in the CVS ;-)

No more patching :wink:
Indeed, and I discover this the hard way 8) So the lesson learned is therefore to check out the "news" before struggling on, so the question is where is the news ? Is there a page somewhere which shows the latest high level important changes to the CVS ?
PT-1
Moderator english

Beitrag von PT-1 »

You can register your email at the cvs Page and you get Emails of everything that get's checked in ;-)
Subscription / Unsubscription
Anyone is able to subscribe/unsubscribe on their own to any mailing list, presuming the subscription policy for a particular list is `open'.

The requests for subscription or unsubscription can also be sent by email, to a special control address, which is slightly different from the lists address. Subscription or unsubscription messages should NOT be sent to the address of the mailing list itself.

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from a mailing list, please send mail to <listname>-request@cvs.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net with the word `subscribe' or `unsubscribe' as Subject.
Barf
Developer

Beitrag von Barf »

Actually, I found the first posting quite amusing :lol:
PT-1 hat geschrieben:You can register your email at the cvs Page and you get Emails of everythin
...or check out http://cvs.tuxbox.org/lists/ (and underlying nodes) on a regular basis, e.g. after the cvs update-command.
jubbler
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von jubbler »

Barf hat geschrieben:Actually, I found the first posting quite amusing :lol:
you would ! :wink: , actually I did too after I found out - but, nonetheless a useful learning exercise on how to troubleshoot broken diffs :wink:
PT-1 hat geschrieben:You can register your email at the cvs Page and you get Emails of everythin
Barf hat geschrieben:...or check out http://cvs.tuxbox.org/lists/ (and underlying nodes) on a regular basis, e.g. after the cvs update-command.

Cheers for the heads up guys, now lets see what I can break next ! :gruebel: