solitair

Games, Plugins, Utils, Tools, 3rdParty, etc...
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

solitair

Beitrag von the_moon »

Hi,

http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files/solitair.zip

there is a new game for dbox (solitair, like windows solitair game). This is an Alpha release. There are three files solitair.so, solitair.cfg and libfx2.so. The fx2 library is because I need a extension which does not existing in normal fx2 library. The library should work with all other games. So put all thre files into /lib/tuxbox/plugins folder. The game is vary big 164Kb because of pictures therefore may be you need to free some place for the game. I tested the game with last AlexW image

Below key mapping listed:

red key - restart game
blue key - a wizard key, which moves the cards directly to foundation ( like double click in windows)
OK key - some action, if the hand is empty, put the selected cards in the hand or try to put cards from the hand to the selected place.
(+) andd (-) keys - change selection within a card stock
direction keys - move between card stocks.

Please note that there (at least on my TV) some problems with refreshing of screen, therefore don not play the game to long.

I'd like to hear feedbaack (In german and english) from you and some bug reporting.

For some of you who do not know how to put the game into D-Box. I'm using following way.

D-BOX:

(dbox) -> service -> Software Update -> Expert -> read Partiotion -> root (Cramfs )

dbox will put in /tmp/ folder a file like mtd2.img

Copy the file to your PC localy and with FlashTools put the files into cramfs partiotion at /lib/tuxbox/plugins folder. Save it and copy back to /tmp folder in D-Box and then

(dbox) -> service -> Software Update -> Expert -> Write Partiotion -> root (Cramfs ) -> mtd2.img

Thanks

the_moon
Router-Fan
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Router-Fan »

Great Game ! I love it :lol:

one bug i have found in the libfx2.so :

the small tv picture in all games is missing
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

copy to /var/tuxbox/plugins , after reboot Solitär is in Game list but it didnt work.

evtl. only small changes for running in /lib/tuxbox/plugins AND /var/tuxbox/plugins ??

would be nice for easy testing..
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

Router-Fan hat geschrieben:Great Game ! I love it :lol:

one bug i have found in the libfx2.so :

the small tv picture in all games is missing
Strange, because I used only old version of rcinput, but not drawing part of library, the only thning which is comming up with this library is a new function which setup palette.

I setup the "small tv screen" but with und height equals to 2, it tried to swith off the tv out.

About the posbibility to start the game from /var/ directory: I do not known why this does not work, because while standart compilation process i don't have the posibility to say where the plugin should be started from . But i heard from the neigboard topic that the there is a posibility to start the game from var folder, but i'm not the linux expert. My be you can post the log from boot manager here in order to see what happens while game starting? It is difficuality to test on my D-Box because my wife whants to see premiere movies, not to play the game :)

In next days i will clean up the source code and try to reduce the artefacts regarding flipping parts of screen, then i will make source code free for all, i hope the alexW puts it in in next cdk.cramfs :)

It wass very interesting experience to try to programming for linux.
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

log while try starting solitär:

[CPlugins] try load shared lib : libfx2.so
/var/tuxbox/plugins/solitair.so: undefined symbol: FBSetColorEx
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

Try to change solitair.cfg, there is a string with libfx2.so, try change it to /var/tuxbox/plugins/libfx2.so. Of course you have to put the library from shipment on this place (/var/tuxbox/plugins/). I cannot test it with my dbox, because i don't have it at moment.

Thanks
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

change solitair.cfg to /var/tuxbox/plugins/libfx2.so

yes, it works..
now i el try the game.. :)
Ulli010
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von Ulli010 »

I have tested the Game on my Dreambox, its not running.
I have changed the path in the solitair.cfg. I go to the Gamemenü and click solitair, then i have a Blankscreen and the Box is stopped. With the "Lame" Key, i com back to the Menü. No Logfile aviable.

CU Ulli01

Schade wäre schon luistig gewesen.
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

Sorry, i don't know the dreambox, therefore I cannot say anything about the problem, current version of solitair writes an own log file. Not to match, but anyway. You can find it at /tmp/solitair.log.

Tomorrow i will put a new version of solitair, with changed colors of card border and some bags fixed. Then I will expand logging output into /tmp/solitair.log file. My be it helps for problem investigations.
Ulli010
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von Ulli010 »

I have tested on a Philips Dbox with an Enigma Image. The game is top !!!
The remote is very bad, the cursor hopt over the screen, with the numberkeys is OK.

@ themoon:

Can you send times the sourcecode to me, so that one can also play it on the Dreambox?
I have on my Dreambox a new Errorwindow:

"/var/tuxbox/plugins/solitair.so: Invalid ELF header"
LazyT

Beitrag von LazyT »

The game is running fine on DreamBox, Thanx! Please checkin :wink:

Edit: Is it possible to draw 1 instead of 3 cards?
Zuletzt geändert von LazyT am Dienstag 5. August 2003, 20:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Router-Fan
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Router-Fan »

i ed played this game more then 50 times and i won

pretty game :D
kerlimann
Semiprofi
Semiprofi

Beitrag von kerlimann »

hi there,

is this game supposed to work with HEAD images?

the game starts up fine, but whatever key i press, nothing happens. also i do not even get out pressing HOME, i have to reboot. :o

ps: seems to be your libfx2.so.. also the other games do not react to my remote control anymore. could you post a diff, what has to be changed in libfx2?
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

kerlimann hat geschrieben:hi there,

is this game supposed to work with HEAD images?

the game starts up fine, but whatever key i press, nothing happens. also i do not even get out pressing HOME, i have to reboot. :o

ps: seems to be your libfx2.so.. also the other games do not react to my remote control anymore. could you post a diff, what has to be changed in libfx2?
Please be patient, at home i have only DBox and AlexW image installed. AlexW uses old version of fx2 library where the key mapping is different to HEAD version of the library. Therefore currently I have compiled for me only old version of library. Currently i'm cleaning up the sources and trying to reduce the flicker on card rands, therefore i'm testing different images and that takes to much time. I should be done at end at the week. But it is very hot in germany and it is better to be at strand not at home. :)

Thanks for your interest

the_moon
Router-Fan
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Router-Fan »

LazyT hat geschrieben: Edit: Is it possible to draw 1 instead of 3 cards?
das würde mich auch sehr jucken :D
kerlimann
Semiprofi
Semiprofi

Beitrag von kerlimann »

the_moon hat geschrieben: Please be patient
i am, no worries. just wanted to point out the problem. there is also a HEAD image by alexw, so i was unsure about which one you were talking about (REL or HEAD).

keep up the good work, and have a cold one of the brand you prefer :lol:
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

Hi,

I updated the solitair, some features are added like savig the game on exiting, the possibility to configure the game (3 or 1 card will be opend) and help screen. Some pictures were adapted in order to avoid flackers. Most of bugs weree fixed. I think that the current status of this release is stable.

Here is the compiled version of solitair for AlexW image 1.6.9

http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files/solitair.zip

and here are the sources of the game, some may compile self for other images.

http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files ... ources.zip

For Devs:

I think if nobody reports here bugs then someone of devs can check in the sources into CVS. If the sources are not accceptable please tell me about.

i will fix bugs if any next two weeks then i will do some thing else.

Thanks
Router-Fan
Erleuchteter
Erleuchteter

Beitrag von Router-Fan »

Many THX for the Update :)
Godzilla
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von Godzilla »

Hallo Leider ist mein Englisch nicht so gut ich habe mir die Datei heruntergeladen. Und sie mir per FTP auf die Box geladen, dort erscheint sie auch in der Spielelieste nur kann ich die datei nicht ausführen. Wenn ich daraufgehe pasiert nichts.

Habe Nokia D-Box2 Kabel

alexW Baseimage V1.6.10
cdk.cramfs vom 22.07.03
zexma
Tuxboxer
Tuxboxer

Beitrag von zexma »

@the_moon,
it looks like that solitair-binaries still doesn't work on head-images (here, snapshot 03/08/01, philips), does it?
I've tried it two times by copying
1. binary-files to /lib/tuxbox/plugins by overwriting the existing libfx2-link and
2. to /var/tuxbox/plugins. In addition I changed solitair.cfg by changing "depend-path" to /var/tuxbox/plugins/ as you recommended before.
In both cases the game starts fine but there's no RC at all. (As kerliman posted some days before). Furthermore I've noticed same behavior for all the other games (because as they're using libfx2, I thought) :wink:

So it seems like I have to compile sources by myself to get game working. Am I right? :roll:
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

zexma hat geschrieben:@the_moon,

it looks like that solitair-binaries still doesn't work on head-images (here, snapshot 03/08/01, philips), does it?

So it seems like I have to compile sources by myself to get game working. Am I right? :roll:
OK, :) try this library, I used rcinput.c with HEAD label while compilation.

http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files/libfx2.zip
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

Godzilla hat geschrieben:Hallo Leider ist mein Englisch nicht so gut ich habe mir die Datei heruntergeladen. Und sie mir per FTP auf die Box geladen, dort erscheint sie auch in der Spielelieste nur kann ich die datei nicht ausführen. Wenn ich daraufgehe pasiert nichts.

Habe Nokia D-Box2 Kabel

alexW Baseimage V1.6.10
cdk.cramfs vom 22.07.03
Bitte schauen Sie das log output, vielleicht gibt es da die antwort, um log file zu bekommen muss man D-Box mit BootManager zusammen starten.

Aber bitte nich die ganze log ausgabe, nur ein paar zeilen.
zexma
Tuxboxer
Tuxboxer

Beitrag von zexma »

the_moon hat geschrieben:OK, :) try this library, I used rcinput.c with HEAD label while compilation.
http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files/libfx2.zip
but we've still got a RC-problem. "home"- and "mute"-keys are working well in solitair, the others don't. Sight. :(
Locks strange to me because navigation in the other games just work well now. :o
Any help is greatly appreciated, cause 'I luv ya game'!. :wink:
the_moon
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von the_moon »

I'm so sorry, I forgot that the solitair itself should be recompiled too.

Please try this one

http://www.rusgame.de/programming/files ... r_HEAD.zip

Ich hoffe dass es endlich funktioniert auch mit HEAD images.

Thanks
kerlimann
Semiprofi
Semiprofi

Beitrag von kerlimann »

da man!

wonder why there have been no replys here, and i almost missed to have a peek in this thread as well.

it works fine with HEAD, thanks a LOT!!

//edit:
well, as i mentioned, it works, but it es buggy. if you click on the last card of a sequence on the right hand side, the whole sequence is moved/missing. an error in your game strategy, perhaps?