tuxtxt bug giving blank screen

Games, Plugins, Utils, Tools, 3rdParty, etc...
mirakels
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

tuxtxt bug giving blank screen

Beitrag von mirakels »

Tuxtxt has a nasty bug that can cause to completely blank the screen when pressing the right key combination on the dreambox. The prblem, found by Rick Hunter, can be reproduced as follows:

Start tuxtxt, press mute, press info (or help) and screen goes black.

This is probably caused by the fact that 'help' has a special meaning while in transparent (mute) mode. See tuxtxt.c line 1467 and on.

For non-dreambox hardware it uses a tuxbox_get_vendor() call the get a vendor type, otherwise it just sets vendor_type to 0. For vendor types less than 3 it does some ioctls to, I think, scartbus settings. From other parts of the CVS I think the vendor type for dreambox seems to be 4 so this code should not be run!
But now it does, giving the blank screen problem.

I changed my local copy to just skip this ioctl stuff, and my tuxtxt is working fine now.

-Marcel
PLI in the box
dbluelle
Contributor

Beitrag von dbluelle »

This code does (on the DBox) switch to the scart output and back, so when you press info, your vcr-output is displayed. Another press on info should switch back to the DBox-Output.
I've never used (or needed) this function on my Dreambox (shame on me :cry: ), so I didn't recognize it doesn't work (switching to the vcr works, but not back...)
So you are right, this code should only be included for the DBox...

dbluelle
mirakels
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von mirakels »

I guess the following patrch will fix it. It basically says: if we don't know the vendor, just do not play with scart settings...

Code: Alles auswählen

--- tuxtxt.c.org        2005-07-03 22:22:34.000000000 +0200
+++ tuxtxt.c    2005-07-03 22:23:43.000000000 +0200
@@ -1470,7 +1470,7 @@
 #ifndef HAVE_DREAMBOX_HARDWARE
                                        int vendor = tuxbox_get_vendor() - 1;
 #else
-                                       int vendor = 0; /* values unknown, rely on requested values */
+                                       int vendor = 3; /* values unknown, rely on requested values */
 #endif

if (vendor < 3) /* scart-parameters only known for 3 dboxes, FIXME: order must be like in info.h */