Flashing Problem 435 Blocks

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Flashing Problem 435 Blocks

Beitrag von Daleus »

Hello!, I recently got a dbox and Im trying to flash an image to it (I have checked it is the correct 2x one) and When it begins it tells me its copied 435 blocks. The Dbox says "reset" on the screen and it copies the exact same 435 blocks again. I left it on overnight doing this as some people said it can take a while. Any help appreachiated.
DieMade
Oberlamer, Administrator & Supernanny

Beitrag von DieMade »

Post a complete log please.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Log

Beitrag von Daleus »

The Log is exactly the same, just basically the same 4 lines copied over and over

BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 169.254.91.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:1D:89:A9
BootP> Answer sent!
TFTP> Started TFTP-Transfer for "D:\ppcboot33523\ppcboot"...
TFTP> Transfer finished, sent 435 blocks
BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 169.254.91.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:1D:89:A9
BootP> Answer sent!
TFTP> Started TFTP-Transfer for "D:\ppcboot33523\ppcboot"...
TFTP> Transfer finished, sent 435 blocks.

I believe it is connecting to the box as after the 435 blocks are sent the box says "reset" and it does it all over again, and thanks for the fast reply

*if ive posted anything wrong, sorry im totally new to this whole dbox stuff, just tell me and ill correct my ways :D*
DieMade

Beitrag von DieMade »

Some serial log available? On the first try I would say your dBox only has 16MB of RAM - or the ppcboot is something wierd.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

log

Beitrag von Daleus »

Sorry im a total n00b How would I give you the serial logs. The only logs I get are the ones when i try flash the image

* will have another go at flashing, I will collect ANY logs*
DieMade

Beitrag von DieMade »

The box needs to be attached to the PC via a zeromodem cable to flash it the "regular way". The Bootmanager shows the serial log in "COM-Terminal" then, where you can copy it using the right key on your mouse.

Otherwise use this HowTo: http://www.dietmar-h.net/alt_flash_eng.html
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von Daleus »

Cant flash it the regular way and the 2nd way on that page tells me to use the bootmanager and when I press start it just says that it couldnt use the packet driver and crashes. If I use the image flashing assistant (what I was using before) there is nothing in the Com-terminal just a flashing square.
DieMade

Beitrag von DieMade »

What does the last line of the BMon in the LCD look like?

B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/16/08
B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/00/08

In the last case, you're missing the ram-extension. ppcboot need a box with 32MB ram. Dunno if there is a ppcboot for flashing without zeromodem that can deal with 16MB-Boxes.
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

box

Beitrag von Daleus »

I have no idea where to look for the
B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/16/08
B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/00/08
thing as on the LCD all it says (During flashing) is
Betaresearch
digital Broadcasting solutions
Lade..(or after 435 blocks sent) Reset..

or if I just leave it to load it says "PREMIERE" (german cable company?)

I think you were right about it only being 16mb though. I already have a dbox which already had software put on it. Im starting to wish I had been the one buying the dbox, the person who bought it (my dad) didnt check if it already had software on.
DieMade

Beitrag von DieMade »

If you don't see something like this Bild during power-on, the box is not in debug-mode. That would also be the reason for "Reset..", it only loads ppcboot/any other Software than BetaNova in debug-mode.
Daleus
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

ach

Beitrag von Daleus »

Ahhh bumnuggets. Thanks anyway, Ill go find out how to stick it in debug mode. I wont ask here for obvious reasons :) thanks for all your help anyway!