Sagem DBox2 Freezing - Help Please

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
ss381

Sagem DBox2 Freezing - Help Please

Beitrag von ss381 »

Hi,

I've got a Sagem DBox2 (debug mode) and all works fine, can get channels, done scans, etc etc.

Sometimes it will just freeze up on me and requires full reboot, work for a few mins and then freeze up again - more often after a lot of channel changes.
Sometimes it can be fine all night long.

I've had a look around the forums but can't find anything useful (totally new to all this as well).
The only useful(?) info I found suggested I discinnect the modem (which I did) and it helped a little but the problem is still there.

Any ideas please?
If you need more info let me know.

Thanks in advance.
ziggy
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von ziggy »

Hello,

the following applies to neutrino - I don et know what you ere using...

There were a couple of fixes recently in the sectionsd to improve the stability. The problems that are fixed now were indeed related to switching channels in different bouquets. If you use a recent snapshot, you can expect improved stability of the box.

My second recommendation is to deactivate all watchdogs. There es no need for the watchdogs if you use the corrects ucodes which belong to your box. The watchdogs are a workaround if the screen stays black after a channel switch. Deactivating the watchdogs at least improves stability on Nokia boxes.

Regards
Z.
ss381

Beitrag von ss381 »

I'm using Neutrino 1.1.2

Also where c I get these snapshots from which you refer to.

I'll see if I can hunt down these watchdogs as well, but don't recall anything like that on settings on the Sagem dbox2 I have
ziggy
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von ziggy »

Well, in case you don et know how old your image is you should get either a recent yadi image (http://www.yadi.org) or a JtG-team-image (http://www.jackthegrabber.de/ you need to register first). After flashing the latest release image you should update to a snapshot, which is more current and should contain all those sectionsd fixes.
The recent versions allow you to disbale the watchdogs as well. If your current neutrino doesn et allow you disable them, it must be very old.

Regards
Z.