Confused.

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
confused

Confused.

Beitrag von confused »

Hi,

I'm confused about Tuxbox/Dbox/Enigma/Neutrino. I've been doing alot of googling and reading but i still don't get it (and most of the results I get are in German, which i can't read). I can't even tell if this is the correct forum to ask these questions.

I have a Dreambox, which i'm very happy with. As far as i can tell, the GUI that the Dreambox runs is called Enigma. Is that correct? What's the difference between Enigma and Tuxbox or Neutrino? Some sites give me the impression that the GUI *is* Tuxbox or Neutrino??

As far as i can tell, Dbox is hardware that's similar (but different) to a Dreambox. Is that correct? What's the diff between dbox and dbox2??

What I'm really trying to do is find whether there's an x86 port of the Dreambox software. Seems to me it would be up there with MythTV/Freevo/GeexBox if it was available.

Cheers,

C
/Australia
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

rasc

Beitrag von rasc »

At least this is the correct forum for dbox2. :D

It may be a somewhat confusing, but Enigma and Neutrino are just GUIs.
Tuxbox is the project, which brought linux the the dbox2 (a German settop box for the pay tv provider Permiere).

Enigma and Neutrino are GUIs for the dbox2. Enigma is also the GUI for the dreamboxes, so Enigma is mainly maintained by "Dream".
For Enigma there is a successor called Enigma2 (running mainly on DM7025)

BTW:
As a workaround for translation you may use babelfish or any other web site translator avalaible on the internet.