Kabel Deutschland in Berlin?

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
bigbaloo

Kabel Deutschland in Berlin?

Beitrag von bigbaloo »

Please help me!
I am rather confused! I am wondering if connecting a Dbox with Neutrino installed onto Kabel Deutschland in Berlin, falls into the Illegal use category?
If not, what free channels are available to view, and how do you go about finding them?
How do you do a brute force scan and what results can you expect from it?
I understand that a default frequency and symbol rate is required for this. Please could someone offer assistance on this matter.
Many thanks in advance for any feedback possible!
wolgade
Semiprofi
Semiprofi

Beitrag von wolgade »

I am wondering if connecting a Dbox with Neutrino installed onto Kabel Deutschland in Berlin, falls into the Illegal use category?
I don't think so. Many people in Berlin who have rented flats have no choice but to use Kabel Deutschland. It is absolutely o.k. to use Neutrino to receive so called "free-to-air" broadcasters like ARD or ZDF (similar to BBC in the U.K.).
If not, what free channels are available to view, and how do you go about finding them?
How do you do a brute force scan and what results can you expect from it?
Why do you want to do a brute force scan? Just choose Kabel Deutschland and go for it. There are no other settings required.

Greetings from Berlin (to Berlin as I assume)

Wolfgang
bigbaloo

Beitrag von bigbaloo »

Greeting to you too and cheers for the response!
I have got a few channels, however there are a lot of blank channels which are named, on the box menu but have no pictures! BBC World, Sky news, MTV etc! Most annoyingly, all the ones I would really like to watch! (Found a Berlin services.xml on one site I visited!) Are these pay TV channels? If so, then I am wasting my time with this Dbox and will take a contract with Kabel Deutschland!
If they are free, then how do I go about getting them? Is there such a thing as an idiots guide to doing this? My problem is I don’t speak much German yet and most sites are not in English, but give me time:)!!!
I also have no “Kabel Deutschland” setting/selection!?! Where do I find that?
Cheers for your help!
NanoBot
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von NanoBot »

Hi bigbaloo,
bigbaloo hat geschrieben:Greeting to you too and cheers for the response!
I have got a few channels, however there are a lot of blank channels which are named, on the box menu but have no pictures! BBC World, Sky news, MTV etc! Most annoyingly, all the ones I would really like to watch! (Found a Berlin services.xml on one site I visited!) Are these pay TV channels? If so, then I am wasting my time with this Dbox and will take a contract with Kabel Deutschland!
If they are free, then how do I go about getting them? Is there such a thing as an idiots guide to doing this? My problem is I don’t speak much German yet and most sites are not in English, but give me time:)!!!
I also have no “Kabel Deutschland” setting/selection!?! Where do I find that?
Cheers for your help!
Unfortunately Kabel Deutschland is scrambling nearly all digital services, they call this "basic scrambling". Only the bouquets from ARD and ZDF are really FTA due to contracts between Kabel Deutschland and them which forbid a scrambling of those services.

The scrambled channels are divided into two categories:

The "Kabel Digital Free" bouquet contains mainly services which are ( over satellite ) FTA, the subscription to watch these channels costs 14,50 Euro once for the smartcard needed, but no monthly fee. On their website they do not offer this bouquet, because they want to sell their other more expensive packages. But when calling their hotline, the bouquet Kabel Digital Free will be available.

All other bouquets, like "Kabel Digital Home", would cost a monthly subscription fee. More information is available on http://www.kabeldeutschland.de

If you ask them for a subscription, as Premiere does, they will ask you for the type and serial number of your STB to make sure, that you are using a "certified" STB.

C.U. NanoBot