Wiki page ...

Kreuzuebersetzer, Diskussion über Änderungen im Tuxbox-CDK und Tuxbox-CVS
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Wiki page ...

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Hi Forum,

While building image for Dream DM7000S box. Configure process with following prefixes
--with-boxtype=dreambox
--with-boxmodel=dm7000

will configure build system for DM7000S.

What is the make command options ?

while issuing following command to make

Code: Alles auswählen

make flash-neutrino-jffs2-all yadd-enigma
or 
flash-version-local.sh (JFFS2 / SquashFS) 
root-local.sh (JFFS2 / SquashFS)
Above command seems make build process (compile & link) process prompt for number of option from use to select board type and other many options and result end up broken and failed build.
Is there make command which successfully build DM7000S image?

Thanks in advance.
seife
Developer

Re: Wiki page ...

Beitrag von seife »

Nobody knows what you did exactly (because you did not tell us), but this script for configuring:

#!/bin/sh
[ -e ./configure ] || ./autogen.sh
TOPDIR=`cd ..; pwd`
./configure \
        --enable-maintainer-mode        \
        --with-cvsdir=$TOPDIR           \
        --prefix=$TOPDIR/root           \
        --with-archivedir=/local/seife/src/Archive \
        --with-assume-kernelsources-old \
        --with-boxtype=dreambox --with-boxmodel=dm7000 \
         --enable-dreambox-serial-console       \
        --with-filesystems=nfs  \
        --enable-movieplayer2   \
        $@
followed by "make flash-neutrino-squashfs" gave me a root-neutrino-squashfs.img and a complete-neutrino.img in ../root/cdkflash 30 minutes later.

I don't have a DM7000, so I won't test it, and you will have to adjust the configure options to your environment, but the build seems to be working well.

Of course a HEAD checkout, no fancy dreambox-branch etc.
The same procedure (with boxtype=dm500) for sure works on my crappy dm500.
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

I am trying to build an image for DM7000 dream box.

After grappling quite while I came up with following configuration

../configure --prefix=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --with-cvsdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --enable-flashrules --enable-maintainer-mode --with-boxtype=dreambox --with-boxmodel=dm7000 --with-logosdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/private/logos --with-checkImage=warn --enable-cdkVcInfo --with-defaultlocale=english --enable-debug --enable-ide --enable-cdkVcInfo --enable-enigma-weather --enable-fx2-bouquet --enable-fx2-satfind --enable-freesatepg --enable-movieplayer2 --enable-dreambox-serial-console --enable-fx2-tetris

But when I issued make command as follow:

make flash-neutrino-jffs2-all yadd-enigma 
as explained in the Barf dBox pages the only source for info; Wiki does not explain make procedure.

Most of the provided scripts work for Nokia dbox2 as it did not explain or cover DM 7000 make procedure.
I hope that explain what's my intended goal is?

Thank you, for replay.
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

Well, you probably need to look into the Makefiles for the proper targets for dream - or use the one I provided above.

"yadd" for example is a dbox-only concept (at least for now).

The documentation is very dbox centric, because nobody bothered to update it for other boxes. That's where you can help once you found out how to get it to work - it's a Wiki after all, so everyone can edit it.
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Re: Wiki page ...and two; no three more things...(images).

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Thanks Saife your provided bit of info (make flash-neutrino-squashfs) yielded following result after say 30 minutes.

1) boot-cramfs.img                        size 1.1mb
2) complete-neutrino.img               size 5.3mb
3)root-neutrino-squashfs.img          size 4.2mb
I am pondering; after having three different sizes of images on hand, I can only guess that the "complete-neutrino.img size 5.3mb" is eligible to flash into DM 7000S Dream box? I appreciate your comments or critic.

Thank you,
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

it depends on where you want to flash it into ;)

There is a MTD partition for "whole flash without bootloader" - this is probably the one you want to flash complete-neutrino.img into.

I don't have my dm500 powered up, so I can't check right now, but you can check in /proc/mtd which partition is which, then use fcp to copy the image into that partition.
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Re: Wiki page ...doe not explain....

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Last post creates more questions or rather confusion.

1/ If you please out line the purpose of all three images in terms of their usage. (image version 1.0.8)

2/ boot-cramfs.img ???
3/ complete-neutrino.img ???
4/ root-neutrino-squashfs.img ???

5/ I checked DM7000 directory structure particularly /proc/mtd. No such directory exist in the /proc/

6/ Currently I have few images from different image-makers i.e. 2Gether Strombreaker, Gemini, BoxMan plus some others etc they all tend to have single image file which I assume embedded above all three images. Time to time I flash these images in to DM box and they seems to work; using third party utility such as Dreambox Control Centre and DreamUp. these third party utilities seems to work effectively; along with ftp- ing image into /tmp directory with squashfs extension.

7/ Initially I am planing to flash the DM box using these utilities or relies (on FTP, telnet rare case) etc; these utilities make life lot easier as currently I do not have serversupport and DHCPd, BootTP NFS facility main network come into disrepute. but some stage (tangible) time frame I may setup boot server to boot the box from server and test the image, which surely need extra hardware, as walking on tight budget and initial hurdles yet to over come. My engagement into this project are very recent one and going through lot of learning curves to understand the DM7000s as it inner working and mainly prototype point view.

8/ Experience shows a stable good image may bring back DM box in to OS control after flashing with an image and DM box work but in the case some bug proof image or dodgy image create a complete shut down of system hence serial port is only the life line to DM box to bring back in to its default/normal stage, as I flashed many different images from various above aforesaid sources.

9/ I will appreciate if you briefly out line the procedure of these three images and their flashing viability as debugging and testing point of view

10/ Is it possible using RJ45 (cat 5) cross over cable to connect DM 7000 box direct development computer and set up serversupport facility for booting and testing image.... If it is possible where I can get these info (in English, please) and how to set up boot server faclity using RJ45 cable.

Thank you,
seife
Developer

Re: Wiki page ...doe not explain....

Beitrag von seife »

shylock_1 hat geschrieben:Last post creates more questions or rather confusion.

1/ If you please out line the purpose of all three images in terms of their usage. (image version 1.0.8)

2/ boot-cramfs.img ???
3/ complete-neutrino.img ???
4/ root-neutrino-squashfs.img ???
I have no Idea what "image version 1.0.8" is. But boot-cramfs.img is the CRAMFS image, which contains the kernel, root-neutrino-squashfs.img is the SQUASHFS image of the root filesystem and complete-neutrino.img is both images contained.
5/ I checked DM7000 directory structure particularly /proc/mtd. No such directory exist in the /proc/
If there is no /proc/mtd file, then your machine is seriously broken and you shoul consult someone who knows what he is doing. How did you check if there is a /proc/mtd file?
6/ Currently I have few images from different image-makers i.e. 2Gether Strombreaker, Gemini, BoxMan plus some others etc they all tend to have single image file which I assume embedded above all three images. Time to time I flash these images in to DM box and they seems to work; using third party utility such as Dreambox Control Centre and DreamUp. these third party utilities seems to work effectively; along with ftp- ing image into /tmp directory with squashfs extension.

7/ Initially I am planing to flash the DM box using these utilities or relies (on FTP, telnet rare case) etc; these utilities make life lot easier as currently I do not have serversupport and DHCPd, BootTP NFS facility main network come into disrepute. but some stage (tangible) time frame I may setup boot server to boot the box from server and test the image, which surely need extra hardware, as walking on tight budget and initial hurdles yet to over come. My engagement into this project are very recent one and going through lot of learning curves to understand the DM7000s as it inner working and mainly prototype point view.
I'm not sure you can boot a dm7000 without some knowledge which you obviously don't have. At least with the dm500, netbooting is quite finicky because of the boot loader which is not really suited for it.
8/ Experience shows a stable good image may bring back DM box in to OS control after flashing with an image and DM box work but in the case some bug proof image or dodgy image create a complete shut down of system hence serial port is only the life line to DM box to bring back in to its default/normal stage, as I flashed many different images from various above aforesaid sources.
I have no Idea what you want to express here.
9/ I will appreciate if you briefly out line the procedure of these three images and their flashing viability as debugging and testing point of view
It depends on what you want to do. I usually do only update the root image, because the kernel normally does not really change, but...
...I only use self-built images, so I *know* that my kernel did not change. So for you it is best to take the complete image and flash it into /dev/mtd/X with X being the number from /proc/mtd (which you claim your box does not have) and which corresponds to the "complete flash without bootloader" or "cramfs + root" partition (I'm not sure about that because I don't have a DMM box powered up).

I use the fcp tool to flash the images, like "fcp -vr /tmp/complete-image.file /dev/mtd/X", but you need to have the tool on the box, I'm not sure if your images have it. You can still copy it there, it gets built with "make flash-fcp" and then is in cdkroot/sbin/fcp. But you should know what you are doing, flashing the image into the wrong partition will make your box unbootable.
10/ Is it possible using RJ45 (cat 5) cross over cable to connect DM 7000 box direct development computer and set up serversupport facility for booting and testing image.... If it is possible where I can get these info (in English, please) and how to set up boot server faclity using RJ45 cable.
Well, you need to find out which commands your boot loader has for booting via network (you probably need a serial cable to give commands to it) and then you need to give it the apropriate options. I don't have a dm7000, so I cannot help you.
An alternative is only changing the kernel command line (booting the kernel from flash, but giving an NFS root filesystem), there are lots of Linux-NFSboot HOWTOs on the net, so you can try to follow them.
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Re: Wiki page ...to be precise...

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Following last dispatch ....Question 1

The current version of image in DM 7000S from it manufacturer Dream Multimedia is "rel108.img" or image version 1.0.8.
Which is currently active, this image from Dream Multimedia an original version which came with box.

Hence this version work perfectly on DM box and no problem; every now and then I revert to this image while other images
i.e.
1. 2Gether Strombreaker
2. Gemini
3. Boxman

just for testing purpose.

Q8 Trying to make point that all these image makers tend to produce image based on single file with img extension and that most cased work effectively with DM 7000s box

Right, an hour ago I uploaded 2Gether Strombraker image into i.e. DM7000+2Gether_Stormbraker_v2.img just to verify the existence of directory structure /proc/mtd, which I do not found mtd directory either; as in my las dispatch I reported was missing from OEM image rel108.img from DM. The 2Gether Strombreaker image I found more reliably uploaded and work.

What I glean from your last dispatch that the (I quote):

"But boot-cramfs.img is the CRAMFS image, which contains the kernel, root-neutrino-squashfs.img is the SQUASHFS image of the root filesystem and complete-neutrino.img is both images contained."

This gives an understanding that the image "boot-cramfs.img" and "root-neutrino-squashfs.img" ARE packed in image "complete-neutrino.img" file to FORM a single boot+kernel+app+ other goodies to go with ....

Question is up to the user which image to flash in to DM7000s ? Shall I say a short-cut or full circle.
To clarify more correctly as I understood ....

1) An Image "boot-cramfs.img" hold the kernel 2.6.9 OS image of Linux and NO need to flash so often under development testing/debugging environments; just to speed up process after initial major flash to bring the box up and running.

2) An image "root-neutrino-squashfs.img" HOLD layman terms an application such as Neutrino or Enigma which actually drive the box for the end user an interface and communicate. And under development environment these image (or application) deem to change and under goes for testing and debugging? Correct me if I am wrong!

3) Lastly, an image "complete-neutrino.img" is an amalgamation of above two images I mean "boot-cramfs.img" PLUS "root-neutrino-squashfs.img" to form SINGLE boot able image for the end user who can flash this image into box and ONLY use DM box without engaging any Test/debugging or any enhancement? Please correct me?

NOW .... hammering out critical point.... which image to flash in to DM7000S box.... LEAVING point (3) away for the movement considering point (1) and (2)

On going development environment the kernel hardly change significantly except some conf files in a rare case so there is no need to flash root-cramfs.img more often.
The device drivers, used by DM Box and are integrated or build within kernel as an boot image. These driver I assume also get loaded from the same file i.e. root-cramfs.img ?

That leaves application part of Neutrino or Enigma which more often get changed under test and development environment and require uploading often for test and debugging and that were .... root-neutrino-squashfs.img play its part? Is correct?

If above is the case under development environment then the image root-neutrino-squashfs.img simply need to copy across on DM box at precise location where Linux Kernel 2.6.9 will find this application and load after post boot of OS to load an application program i.e. Neutrino or Enigma to form end User usage facility.

Hence, therefore, precise loading for root-squashfs.img need to be establish where DM kernel cal look for to load this file and bring up the DM box..... So far does it make sense ... for me....?

Sorry for long never ending stream of story... but I hope some stage all these info may can go into Kwiki to make some one else life easy ...of this black magic Art.
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

1) /proc/mtd is a file and not a directory. And I am pretty sure it is always there. Check with "cat /proc/mtd".
2) you probably want to flash complete-neutrino.img
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

I took dive to flash the image following images using third party flashing tool i.e. DreamUp utility

1 First I flashed with image "boot-cramfs.img"..... Result display on my DM7000S on screen only DREAM with multiple colors

2.Flashed with image file "complete-neutrino.img" ... Hey presto... I saw neutrino application running without capability of satellite channels or to scan satellite with motorized dish. There fore no channels only AudioRadio, Video player and VLC plus configuration options. available with this image.

Currently I am trying to validate the query of /proc/mtd file.... therefore, I am re-flashing the DM7000S box with Original copy of image from Dream Multimedia "rel109.img NOT defalut image "rel108.img" to check what I can find under /proc/... directory?

By the way the build system creates Neutrino ... But I am interested to create Enigma. Can you please guide me to create an Enigma image so I hope it may have capability to scan satellite as original image does. As you know my ./configure options are in past post....as follow:

../configure --prefix=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --with-cvsdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --enable-flashrules --enable-maintainer-mode --with-boxtype=dreambox --with-boxmodel=dm7000 --with-logosdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/private/logos --with-checkImage=warn --enable-cdkVcInfo --with-defaultlocale=english --enable-debug --enable-ide --enable-cdkVcInfo --enable-enigma-weather --enable-fx2-bouquet --enable-fx2-satfind --enable-freesatepg --enable-movieplayer2 --enable-dreambox-serial-console --enable-fx2-tetris

to make an image..... 
make flash-neutrino-squashfs
Thank you,
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Hi Saife

I finally found the file in the /proc/mtd the content of my /proc/mtd as follow:

/proc > ls
1            2            318          execdomains  loadavg      self
119          25           321          fb           locks        slabinfo
13           256          4            filesystems  meminfo      stat
137          257          98           fs           misc         swaps
138          26           buddyinfo    ide          modules      sys
14           27           bus          interrupts   mounts       sysvipc
154          28           cmdline      iomem        mtd          tty
157          3            cpuinfo      ioports      net          uptime
179          313          devices      irq          partitions   version
190          316          diskstats    kcore        ppc_htab     vmstat
197          317          driver       kmsg         scsi
/proc > cat mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00600000 00020000 "DreamBOX cramfs+squashfs"
mtd1: 001c0000 00020000 "DreamBOX jffs2"
mtd2: 00040000 00020000 "DreamBOX OpenBIOS"
mtd3: 007c0000 00020000 "DreamBOX (w/o bootloader)"
mtd4: 00800000 00020000 "DreamBOX (w/ bootloader)"
mtd5: 004e0000 00020000 "DreamBOX SquashedFS"
mtd6: 00120000 00020000 "DreamBOX Cramfs"
/proc > 

shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

@saife,

If I may ask the file /proc/mtd its usage in terms of how to flash with previously created 3 different images in DM7000S? (to continue last dispatch).
Also interested to know how to build Enigma image(app) rather than Neutrino image(app), which does not have satellite scanning capability as last time I flashed with complete-neutrino.img file in DM7000 to see the result.

Thanks for pointing out toward Makefile for enigma image making procedure.

Just only to build an image for Enigma "make flash-enigma-squashfs" has went though whole build and ended up in Error, as follow:

[ -x /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/root-enigma-squashfs-local.sh ] && KERNEL=2.6 KERNELVERSION=2.6.9 LIBC=glibc BOXTYPE=dreambox BOXMODEL=dm7000 /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/root-enigma-squashfs-local.sh /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk || true
/usr/bin/install -c linux-2.6.9/arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.treeboot /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/boot/root/platform/kernel/os
/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/bin/mkcramfs-e -eb /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/boot /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/boot-cramfs.img
Super block: 76 bytes
  root
'root':
  platform
'platform':
  kernel
'kernel':
  os
  bild
Directory data: 164 bytes
 -1.40% (-15772 bytes)  os
-10.46% (-2601 bytes)   bild
Everything: 1108 kilobytes
warning: gids truncated to 8 bits.  (This may be a security concern.)
rm /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img
rm: cannot remove `/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img': No such file or directory
make: [/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img] Error 1 (ignored)
/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/bin/mksquashfs-dream /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-enigma-squashfs /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img -be -all-root
Creating big endian 2.1 filesystem on /home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img, block size 65536.

Big endian filesystem, data block size 65536, compressed data, compressed metadata, compressed fragments
Filesystem size 5255.57 Kbytes (5.13 Mbytes)
        34.97% of uncompressed filesystem size (15026.96 Kbytes)
Inode table size 6602 bytes (6.45 Kbytes)
        24.66% of uncompressed inode table size (26772 bytes)
Directory table size 8185 bytes (7.99 Kbytes)
        47.56% of uncompressed directory table size (17211 bytes)
Number of duplicate files found 82
Number of inodes 1186
Number of files 898
Number of fragments 58
Number of symbolic links  150
Number of device nodes 0
Number of fifo nodes 0
Number of socket nodes 0
Number of directories 138
Number of uids 1
        root (0)
Number of gids 0
=#FF0000]ERROR: SquashFS part is too big for image (max. allowed 5111808 bytes)
make: *** [/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img] Error 1

In the cdkflash directory I found 1) boot-cramfs.img 2) root-squashfs.img.too-big

IF I issue make flash-enigma-cramfs-all THEN build system come to prompt at following stage for input

* Restart config...
* Code maturity level options
Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers (EXPERIMENTAL) [Y/n/?] y
Select only drivers expected to compile cleanly (CLEAN_COMPILE) [Y/n/?] (NEW) 

* Platform options
8xx Machine Type
> 1. RPX-Lite (RPXLITE)
  2. RPX-Classic (RPXCLASSIC)
  3. BSE-IP (BSEIP)
  4. FADS (FADS) (NEW)
  5. TQM823L (TQM823L)
  6. TQM850L (TQM850L)
  7. TQM855L (TQM855L)
  8. TQM860L (TQM860L)
  9. FPS850L (FPS850L)
  10. SPD823TS (SPD823TS) (NEW)
  11. IVMS8 (IVMS8)
  12. IVML24 (IVML24)
  13. SM850 (SM850) (NEW)
  14. HERMES (HERMES_PRO)
  15. IP860 (IP860)
  16. LWMON (LWMON)
  17. PCU_E (PCU_E)
  18. CCM (CCM)
  19. LANTEC (LANTEC)
  20. MBX (MBX)
  21. WinCept (WINCEPT)
choice[1-21]: 1
Symmetric multi-processing support (SMP) [N/y/?] (NEW) N
Preemptible Kernel (PREEMPT) [Y/n/?] y
High memory support (HIGHMEM) [N/y] n
Kernel support for ELF binaries (BINFMT_ELF) [Y/n/?] y
Kernel support for MISC binaries (BINFMT_MISC) [N/m/y/?] n
Default bootloader kernel arguments (CMDLINE_BOOL) [N/y] n
* PCMCIA/CardBus support
PCMCIA/CardBus support (PCMCIA) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) N
* RAM/ROM/Flash chip drivers
Detect flash chips by Common Flash Interface (CFI) probe (MTD_CFI) [Y/n/m/?] y
Detect non-CFI AMD/JEDEC-compatible flash chips (MTD_JEDECPROBE) [N/m/y/?] n
Flash chip driver advanced configuration options (MTD_CFI_ADV_OPTIONS) [N/y/?] n
Support for Intel/Sharp flash chips (MTD_CFI_INTELEXT) [Y/n/m/?] y
Support for AMD/Fujitsu flash chips (MTD_CFI_AMDSTD) [Y/n/m/?] y
  Retry failed commands (erase/program) (MTD_CFI_AMDSTD_RETRY) [0] (NEW) 0
Support for ST (Advanced Architecture) flash chips (MTD_CFI_STAA) [N/m/y/?] n
Support for RAM chips in bus mapping (MTD_RAM) [N/m/y/?] n
Support for ROM chips in bus mapping (MTD_ROM) [N/m/y/?] n
Support for absent chips in bus mapping (MTD_ABSENT) [N/m/y/?] n
XIP aware MTD support (MTD_XIP) [N/y/?] (NEW) y
* Mapping drivers for chip access
Support non-linear mappings of flash chips (MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS) [N/y/?] n
CFI Flash device in physical memory map (MTD_PHYSMAP) [N/m/y/?] n
CFI Flash device mapped on RPX Lite or CLLF (MTD_RPXLITE) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) N
CFI Flash device mapping on FlagaDM (MTD_CFI_FLAGADM) [N/m/y/?] n
* Self-contained MTD device drivers
Uncached system RAM (MTD_SLRAM) [N/m/y/?] n
Physical system RAM (MTD_PHRAM) [N/m/y/?] n
Test driver using RAM (MTD_MTDRAM) [N/m/y/?] n
MTD emulation using block device (MTD_BLKMTD) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) Y
MTD using block device (rewrite) (MTD_BLOCK2MTD) [N/m/y/?] n
* Disk-On-Chip Device Drivers
M-Systems Disk-On-Chip 2000 and Millennium (DEPRECATED) (MTD_DOC2000) [N/m/y/?] n
M-Systems Disk-On-Chip Millennium-only alternative driver (DEPRECATED) (MTD_DOC2001) [N/m/y/?] n
M-Systems Disk-On-Chip Millennium Plus (MTD_DOC2001PLUS) [N/m/y/?] n
* ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support (IDE) [M/n/y/?] m
  Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support (BLK_DEV_IDE) [M/n/?] m
    * Please see Documentation/ide.txt for help/info on IDE drives
    Support for SATA (deprecated; conflicts with libata SATA driver) (BLK_DEV_IDE_SATA) [N/y/?] n
    Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support (BLK_DEV_IDEDISK) [M/n/?] m
      Use multi-mode by default (IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE) [N/y/?] n
    Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support (BLK_DEV_IDECD) [N/m/?] n
    Include IDE/ATAPI TAPE support (EXPERIMENTAL) (BLK_DEV_IDETAPE) [N/m/?] n
    Include IDE/ATAPI FLOPPY support (BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY) [N/m/?] n
    IDE Taskfile Access (IDE_TASK_IOCTL) [N/y/?] n
    * IDE chipset support/bugfixes
    generic/default IDE chipset support (IDE_GENERIC) [N/m/?] n
    MPC8xx IDE support (BLK_DEV_MPC8xx_IDE) [N/y/?] (NEW) N
* Networking options
Packet socket (PACKET) [Y/n/m/?] y
  Packet socket: mmapped IO (PACKET_MMAP) [N/y/?] n
Netlink device emulation (NETLINK_DEV) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) N
Unix domain sockets (UNIX) [Y/n/m/?] y
PF_KEY sockets (NET_KEY) [N/m/y/?] n
TCP/IP networking (INET) [Y/n/?] y
  IP: multicasting (IP_MULTICAST) [N/y/?] n
  IP: advanced router (IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER) [N/y/?] n
  IP: kernel level autoconfiguration (IP_PNP) [N/y/?] n
  IP: tunneling (NET_IPIP) [N/m/y/?] n
  IP: GRE tunnels over IP (NET_IPGRE) [N/m/y/?] n
IP: ARP daemon support (EXPERIMENTAL) (ARPD) [N/y/?] n
IP: TCP syncookie support (disabled per default) (SYN_COOKIES) [N/y/?] n
IP: AH transformation (INET_AH) [N/m/y/?] n
IP: ESP transformation (INET_ESP) [N/m/y/?] n
IP: IPComp transformation (INET_IPCOMP) [N/m/y/?] n
IP: tunnel transformation (INET_TUNNEL) [N/m/y/?] n
The IPv6 protocol (EXPERIMENTAL) (IPV6) [N/m/y/?] n
Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) (EXPERIMENTAL) (ATM) [N/m/y/?] n
802.1d Ethernet Bridging (BRIDGE) [N/m/y/?] n
802.1Q VLAN Support (VLAN_8021Q) [N/m/y/?] n
DECnet Support (DECNET) [N/m/y/?] n
ANSI/IEEE 802.2 LLC type 2 Support (LLC2) [N/m/y/?] n
The IPX protocol (IPX) [N/m/y/?] n
Appletalk protocol support (ATALK) [N/m/y/?] n
CCITT X.25 Packet Layer (EXPERIMENTAL) (X25) [N/m/y/?] n
LAPB Data Link Driver (EXPERIMENTAL) (LAPB) [N/m/y/?] n
Frame Diverter (EXPERIMENTAL) (NET_DIVERT) [N/y/?] (NEW) N
Acorn Econet/AUN protocols (EXPERIMENTAL) (ECONET) [N/m/y/?] n
WAN router (WAN_ROUTER) [N/m/y/?] n
Forwarding between high speed interfaces (NET_HW_FLOWCONTROL) [N/y/?] (NEW) N
* Wireless LAN (non-hamradio)
Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions (NET_RADIO) [N/y/?] (NEW) 
I have input-ed several option sensing Y and N to reach final stage.... Wireless LAN...

Have you came across this build prompt interactions during build?
And again build finished with Error.

CC      drivers/mtd/mtd_blkdevs.o
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/chipreg.o
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_probe.o
In file included from drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_probe.c:18:
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:78:2: warning: #warning "missing IRQ and timer primitives for XIP MTD support"
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:79:2: warning: #warning "some of the XIP MTD support code will be disabled"
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:80:2: warning: #warning "your system will therefore be unresponsive when writing or erasing flash"
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:49: Warning: ignoring changed section attributes for .data
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_util.o
In file included from drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_util.c:25:
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:78:2: warning: #warning "missing IRQ and timer primitives for XIP MTD support"
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:79:2: warning: #warning "some of the XIP MTD support code will be disabled"
include/linux/mtd/xip.h:80:2: warning: #warning "your system will therefore be unresponsive when writing or erasing flash"
{standard input}:60: Warning: ignoring changed section attributes for .data
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0002.o
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.o
In file included from drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c:32:
drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c: In function `fixup_use_point':
drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c:186: warning: unused variable `map'
{standard input}:2124: Warning: ignoring changed section attributes for .data
  CC      drivers/mtd/chips/gen_probe.o
  LD      drivers/mtd/chips/built-in.o
  CC      drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.o
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:71: error: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:71: error: initializer element is not constant
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:71: error: (near initialization for `__param_arr_device.num')
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:73: error: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:73: error: initializer element is not constant
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:73: error: (near initialization for `__param_arr_erasesz.num')
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:75: error: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:75: error: initializer element is not constant
drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c:75: error: (near initialization for `__param_arr_ro.num')
make[5]: *** [drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [drivers/mtd/devices] Error 2
make[3]: *** [drivers/mtd] Error 2
make[2]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/linux-2.6.9'
make[1]: *** [linux-2.6.9/arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.treeboot] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk'
make: *** [/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-cramfs] Error 2
Thanks
dietmarw
Contributor

Beitrag von dietmarw »

shylock_1 hat geschrieben:...
=#FF0000]ERROR: SquashFS part is too big for image (max. allowed 5111808 bytes)
make: *** [/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkflash/root-squashfs.img] Error 1
http://wiki.tuxbox-cvs.sourceforge.net/ ... .5BSIZE.5D
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

The last hint is wrong for dreambox, you cannot easily change the root partition size there, if I'm not totally wrong.

You have put too much crap into your image. Configure less of the stuff, so that everything fits in.

/proc/mtd names all the partitions, the images are pretty well named, so it should be easy to find the corresponding /dev/mtd/X to flash the image into.

CRAMFS-Images do not work on Dreambox, and probably also not on dbox2.
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Well I can only guess that root partition size could be increase under squashfs file system during ./configure run suffix options i.e. --with-rootpartitionsize = ,
could be from standard size 0x660000 to multiple sizes ranging each 0x20000 kb?

...the given details in German and I am not good in German language at all. Sorry, but for me only guess work...
seife
Developer

Beitrag von seife »

NO! YOU CANNOT INCREASE THE ROOTPARTITIONSIZE ON THE DREAMBOX WITH ./configure OPTIONS!
rhabarber1848
CDK-Experte

Beitrag von rhabarber1848 »

seife hat geschrieben:you cannot easily change the root partition size there, if I'm not totally wrong.
correct, Dreambox images use fixed partition sizes, hardcoded in a lot of files in the CVS.
--with-rootpartitionsize is dbox2-only!
shylock_1
Interessierter
Interessierter

Beitrag von shylock_1 »

Thank you

Saife, DietmarS

At last finally I am lift off the ground, I managed to successfully flashed an image created on my computer into DM7000S box by the help of YOU!

I read you last dispatch; I must commend on your keen observation on the ./configure options, in my ignominious state I used off all the necessary options to include every bit of plugin into the DM7000S image, which I realised its totally incorrect. And most certainly overlooked the actually flash ROM size existed (8Mb)into the DM7000S box. But then again followed ./configure help which gives false pretension and I took for granted, but as fog beginning to clear off I can see debug message flowing through serial port as DM7000S engaged scanning satellites on its various frequencies. Still long way to go, the area I am targeting; but sensible preliminary result beginning to show some result.
The following ./configure I found most optimised and certainly creates an image with squashfs file type:

./configure --prefix=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --with-cvsdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox --enable-flashrules --enable-maintainer-mode --with-boxtype=dreambox --with-boxmodel=dm7000 --with-logosdir=/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/private/logos --with-defaultlocale=english --enable-debug --enable-fx2-satfind > conf.txt

Although the summary of ./configure RUN depicted below gives some false information and indeed off foot, the logic dictates
if the ./configure suffix option
–with -boxtype=dreambox
and
–with-boxmodel=dm7000
then
image should be enigma (Not neutrino)
exit

summary:
----------------------------------------
target cpu/boxtype:		ppc405/dreambox dm7000
kernel:				2.6
kernel config:			config/dbox2_kernel-2.6.config.m4
libc:				glibc
threads:			nptl
target:				powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu
host:				i686-pc-linux-gnu
debug code:			yes
target prefix:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdkroot
host prefix:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk
boot prefix:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/tftpboot
build prefix:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk
root partition size:		0x660000
default locale:			english
serversupport:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/serversupport
checkImage:			true
target apps directory:		/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/apps
boot directory:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/boot
start script directory:		/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/root_dream
driver directory:		/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/driver
host apps directory:		/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/hostapps
logo directory:			/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/private/logos
customization directory:	/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk
ucode directory:		NONE
archive directory:		/home/shylock_1/tuxbox/cdk/Archive
GNU server:			ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/gnu/ftp/gnu
default server:			www.tuxbox.org/cvsdata/files
update http prefix:		
used busybox-m4-config:		config/busybox.config.m4
IDE support:			no
MMC support:			no
fdisk standalone:		no
fstab default fs:		
IDE/MMC: Ext2 support		no 
IDE/MMC: Ext3 support		no 
IDE/MMC: XFS support		no 
IDE/MMC: REISERFS support	no 
IDE/MMC: VFAT support		no 
CIFS kernel module:		yes
SMBFS kernel module:		no
LUFS kernel module:		yes
NFS kernel module:		yes
NFS server:			no
Samba server:			no
Automount:			yes
Neutrino UPnP-support:	no
                                                           Neutrino Audioplayer:		yes
                                                           Neutrino Movieplayer:		yes
                                                           Neutrino Pictureviewer:	        yes
                                                           Neutrino Mount:			yes
                                                           Neutrino Drive-Setup:		no
                                                           Neutrino dvbsub			yes
                                                           Radiotext support:		        yes
FLAC support:			no
CURL version:			old
Freetype version:		old
German keymaps:		no

aformat			no
cdkVcInfo			no
clock				no
dboxshot			no
dropbear			no
dvbsnoop			no
eraseall			no
Esound support:		no
fbshot			no
gdbserver			no
getrc				no
hddtemp			no
input				no
ipkg				no
kb2rcd			no
LIRC				no
lcshot			no
links text mode browser		no
links graphics mode browser	no
msgbox			no
openntpd			no
OpenVPN:			no
procps			no
rtc				boxtype not supported
satfind			no
shellexec			no
sqlite3 storage:		no
strace			no
sysinfo			no
tuxcal			no
tuxcom			yes
                                                                    tuxmail			yes
tuxtxt (internal)		yes (yes)
tuxwetter			no
vncviewer			no

Enigma: dbswitch		yes
Enigma: movieplayer		yes
Enigma: ngrab			yes
Enigma: rss			yes
Enigma: script			yes
Enigma: weather		no

FX2: C64 Emulator		no
FX2: lcdcirc			no
FX2: Lemmings			no
FX2: Mastermind		no
FX2: MineSweeper		no
FX2: Outdoor			no
FX2: PacMan			no
FX2: Satfind			yes
FX2: Snake			no
FX2: Sokoban			no
FX2: Sol			        no
FX2: Solitair			no
FX2: Sudoko			no
FX2: Tank			        no
FX2: Tetris			no
FX2: Vier gewinnt		no
FX2: Yahtzee			no

ccache support:			no
analysing the result produced by ./configure after successful run has many incorrect info which apparently shouldn't be there. I can think ./configure run must refined (you may have comment on that)
A brief text for the Wiki

Building an image for the Dream Multimedia boxes dm500, dm500plus, dm600pvr, dm56x0, dm7000, dm7020, dm7025; a GUI apps an image based on Enigma with classification of satellites or cable option must selected. Bear in mind the size of ROM constrain which allows the build image must NOT be greater than 6Mb and withinn 5 – 6 Mb limit. If the image were building for satellite receiver then the –enable-fx2-satfind suffix must be applied in ./configure's option.