Features and bugs

Entwicklung
marco_silva85
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Features and bugs

Beitrag von marco_silva85 »

Hello,
1. When viewing a TV channel, the info bar popups frequently, like every 5 minutes. Is this a feature or a bug? (If it's the first, can I disable it?).
2. When in standby mode, STB is still outputting a black image to the TV (SCART connection). Can this be disabled?
3. When streaming to a PC on LAN, the box tuner freezes after some seconds (and also the stream), and that channel can't be tunned-in again (all others still work). Is there a file where I could config the stream options?

Any problem with overclocking it by default to 550Mhz?

Thanks ;)
martii
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Re: Features and bugs

Beitrag von martii »

Hi,

thanks for joining. For the record, this is about the -martii branch.
marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:1. When viewing a TV channel, the info bar popups frequently, like every 5 minutes. Is this a feature or a bug? (If it's the first, can I disable it?).
This could be related to the "Show infobar at program start" or "Info on EPG change" options (OSD menue). The former will update the info bar whenever the current-next information changes, but I honestly don't know what to expect from the latter (which triggers the original CST code).
marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:2. When in standby mode, STB is still outputting a black image to the TV (SCART connection). Can this be disabled?
The preferably option would likely be to deactivate SCART pin 8 to actually switch off the TV. I don't think that's a driver option.
marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:3. When streaming to a PC on LAN, the box tuner freezes after some seconds (and also the stream), and that channel can't be tunned-in again (all others still work). Is there a file where I could config the stream options?
First time I hear of that issue. Streaming works just fine for me, with both VLC (on Mac) and timote (Android, obviously). No, there are no configuration options.
marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:Any problem with overclocking it by default to 550Mhz?
Never seen a problem related to that, neither on Pingulux nor on GM990CR.

Cheers,

martii
marco_silva85
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

martii hat geschrieben:The preferably option would likely be to deactivate SCART pin 8 to actually switch off the TV. I don't think that's a driver option.
Enigma2 PKT firmware correctly turns off SCART outputting. HDMU fw blanks it with a white image (so its still outputting). martii's fw blanks with black.
I can check the standby code and compare it to the shutdown procedure code, which files should I look?
martii hat geschrieben:First time I hear of that issue. Streaming works just fine for me, with both VLC (on Mac) and timote (Android, obviously). No, there are no configuration options.
Yes, tried VLC and no issues! Media Player Classic glitches the stream and tunner in someway.

Some channels output in an unplayable audio format (DTS maybe?), is there downmixing for that?

Thanks ;)
martii
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von martii »

marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:I can check the standby code and compare it to the shutdown procedure code, which files should I look?
libstb-hal/libspark/video.cpp

I don't have suitable SCART kit available, but I could imagine that

Code: Alles auswählen

diff --git a/libspark/video.cpp b/libspark/video.cpp
index b724a43..905ac19 100644
--- a/libspark/video.cpp
+++ b/libspark/video.cpp
@@ -154,13 +154,18 @@ static int hdmi_out(bool enable)
                goto out;
        }
        hdmi_enabled = enable;
-       out.caps = STMFBIO_OUTPUT_CAPS_HDMI_CONFIG;
+       out.caps = STMFBIO_OUTPUT_CAPS_HDMI_CONFIG | STMFBIO_OUTPUT_CAPS_ANALOGUE_CONFIG;
        out.activate = STMFBIO_ACTIVATE_IMMEDIATE;
-       out.analogue_config = 0;
        if (enable)
+       {
+               out.analogue_config |= STMFBIO_OUTPUT_ANALOGUE_MASK;
                out.hdmi_config &= ~STMFBIO_OUTPUT_HDMI_DISABLED;
+       }
        else
+       {
+               out.analogue_config &= ~STMFBIO_OUTPUT_ANALOGUE_MASK;
                out.hdmi_config |= STMFBIO_OUTPUT_HDMI_DISABLED;
+       }

ret = ioctl(fb, STMFBIO_SET_OUTPUT_CONFIG, &out);
        if (ret < 0)
might have an effect. Not checked in yet.
marco_silva85 hat geschrieben:Some channels output in an unplayable audio format (DTS maybe?), is there downmixing for that?
DTS downmixing is available: In audio setup try enabling/disabling "Encoded DD on S/PDIF". Whether this works correctly might depend on firmware support (audio.elf), and I could imagine that e.g. not all AAC variants are compatible.

Cheers,

martii
marco_silva85
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Did you push that commit? Because after going to standby, resuming doesn't enable SCART video outputting (audio plays, no picture).
martii
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von martii »

Yes, I did push it yesterday as there were no ill effects on HDMI. I've reverted that push right now (and I'll leave it that way until someone who can actually test SCART comes up with a working patch).
Tann
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Beitrag von Tann »

ich hatte ein Update gebaut - in küche ging es nach bau ohne Probleme
der User hat bestimmt nicht verstanden -das er selber bauen oder ein neues image oder update einspielen muss
doc
Contributor

Beitrag von doc »

@Tann
please don't change the language, the thread starter maybe doesn't understand german
Na schönen Dank Herr Schwanke!
Ein toller Sommer! :-(